The Tattersalls mare sale Dec. 4 continued to show significant gains across all three key market indicators on its third day, led by French group III winner Purr Along.
Shifting from Newmarket to Deauville, Coolmore and the Qatari royal family continue to spend for quality horses and helped drive a 22% rise in revenue on opening day of the Arqana October yearling sale Oct. 21
British raider Havana Gold fired off his first top-level win in the Prix Jean Prat (Fr-I) June 30 at Chantilly while French classic winner Style Vendome finished unplaced in the one-mile race for 3-year-olds.
Qatar Racing will bid to win a second classic in less than a week after recently acquiring a half-interest in Investec Epsom Oaks (Eng-I) favorite Secret Gesture.
Just The Judge won the Etihad Airways Irish One Thousand Guineas (Ire-I) May 26 at the Curragh following her close second in the English equivalent for 3-year-old fillies earlier this month.
Just The Judge is set to meet 15 opponents in the Irish One Thousand Guineas (Ire-I) May 26 at the Curragh after coming enticingly close to classic victory in the English equivalent at Newmarket earlier this month.
Brisk trade was the order of the day at the Tattersalls Guineas breeze up and horses in training sale May 4 in England.
A son of Exceed and Excel established a record for Doncaster Bloodstock Sales' breeze-up auction when he brought 300,000 pounds($483,276 in U.S. funds) April 23 in Scotland.
Most Popular Stories
- Kettle Corn Retired, Will Stand in Ohio
- Tournaments Growing Fans and Owners
- Top Mare Nastique Dies at 29
- Panelists to Horse Racing: Spin Isn't In
- St Nicholas Abbey Progresses in Recovery
- Immediate Effects of Shoeing on Horses' Movement
- Giving 'L' Legitimacy - Eric Mitchell
- Racing is Ripe for More Advanced Statistics
- NYRA Chief Discusses Aspects of Growth Plan
- BloodHorse.com New Navigation Tour