The field assembled for the 92nd Qatar Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe (Fr-I), Europe's premier middle-distance race Oct. 2 at Longchamp, looks to be one of best in recent years.
As the first new sire to come to Sandringham since Motivator, Al Khazeem offers the Royal Studs both a sire line that is an outcross and a female family of transatlantic interest.
Three-time British classic winner Camelot, most recently seventh in the Qatar Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe (Fr-I), is being treated for colic, according to a Twitter post from Coolmore Stud.
The Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe (Fr-I) Oct. 7 at Longchamp attracted a large and competitive field of 18, headed by reigning Japanese Horse of the Year Orfevre and mutliple European classic winner Camelot.
For the first time U.S. bettors can wager into the world's second-largest pari-mutuel pool.
Lady Rothschild and Newsells Park Stud's Nathaniel, one of England's top runners, will miss the Oct. 7 Qatar Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe (Fr-I) due to a fever.
Danedream, winner of the Qatar Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe (Fr-I) Oct. 2, will not participate in the Breeders' Cup World Championships in November at Churchill Downs, according to an Oct. 10 Daily Racing Form story.
Six other group I races besides the l'Arc de Triomphe are scheduled on the Longchamp undercard. Multiple champion Goldikova is expected to start in the Prix de la Foret.
HRTV will provide coverage of the U.S. stakes extravaganza on tap for Oct. 1, a major day of racing leading up to the Breeders' Cup World Championships, and the Oct. 2 Qatar Prix de l' Arc de Triomphe (Fr-I).
Most Popular Stories
- Honor Code: A.P. Indy's Last Derby Hope
- Moment of the Year Voting Now Open
- Novak at the Track: Road to Derby Retrospect
- After Market Purchased to Stand in Turkey
- Castellano Sets North American Earnings Mark
- Turfway to Increase Stakes, Allowance Purses
- TimeformUS: Saturday Plays
- Barretts January Sale Catalog Now Online
- CHRB Gets Update as Moving Day Draws Closer
- Outstanding Field Set for CashCall Futurity