The penultimate session of the Tattersalls July sale concluded July 7 with all three six-figure offerings on the day purchased by Qatar interests.
Al Shaqab Racing's group II winner Toast of New York, who finished second in the 2014 Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I), will enter stud in Qatar in 2016.
England's Goodwood Racecourse has announced a 10-year partnership with Qatar that will result in more than £2 million invested in prize money for eight key races during the Qatar Goodwood Festival 2015.
Six top-level races, ranging from sprints to long distance, will test some of Europe's best horses on Oct. 7 at Longchamp as part of the Qatar Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe (Fr-I) undercard.
Danedream, winner of last year's Qatar Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe (Fr-I), might not be able to contest this year's running Oct. 7 because of an outbreak of a serious equine disease in Cologne, Germany.
The Tattersalls July sale ended its three-day run in England with increases of 1.2% in gross revenue, 5.4% in average price, and 16.7% in median price from last year.
Most Popular Stories
- Conquest Mo Money Still Undefeated, Sunland Derby Next
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Girvin, Farrell Exit Fair Grounds Wins Well
- McCraken Top Individual in Kentucky Derby Future Wager
- Dortmund Could Return in Triple Bend
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- El Areeb Sharp in Five-Furlong Workout
- Fasig-Tipton Gulfstream Sale Poised for Strength
- Jockey Alex Birzer Reaches 3,000 Wins