The penultimate session of the Tattersalls July sale concluded July 7 with all three six-figure offerings on the day purchased by Qatar interests.
Al Shaqab Racing's group II winner Toast of New York, who finished second in the 2014 Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I), will enter stud in Qatar in 2016.
England's Goodwood Racecourse has announced a 10-year partnership with Qatar that will result in more than £2 million invested in prize money for eight key races during the Qatar Goodwood Festival 2015.
Six top-level races, ranging from sprints to long distance, will test some of Europe's best horses on Oct. 7 at Longchamp as part of the Qatar Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe (Fr-I) undercard.
Danedream, winner of last year's Qatar Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe (Fr-I), might not be able to contest this year's running Oct. 7 because of an outbreak of a serious equine disease in Cologne, Germany.
The Tattersalls July sale ended its three-day run in England with increases of 1.2% in gross revenue, 5.4% in average price, and 16.7% in median price from last year.
Most Popular Stories
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- CHRB Discusses Creating Single California Circuit
- Asmussen Earns $50,000 Preakness Weekend Bonus
- The Greatest Performance No One Has Seen
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- Enola Gray, Illuminant Look Strong in Monrovia Field
- Freshman Flashpoint Gets His First Winner
- Maker a Triple Threat in AP Classic