England's Goodwood Racecourse has announced a 10-year partnership with Qatar that will result in more than £2 million invested in prize money for eight key races during the Qatar Goodwood Festival 2015.
Six top-level races, ranging from sprints to long distance, will test some of Europe's best horses on Oct. 7 at Longchamp as part of the Qatar Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe (Fr-I) undercard.
Danedream, winner of last year's Qatar Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe (Fr-I), might not be able to contest this year's running Oct. 7 because of an outbreak of a serious equine disease in Cologne, Germany.
The Tattersalls July sale ended its three-day run in England with increases of 1.2% in gross revenue, 5.4% in average price, and 16.7% in median price from last year.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah 'Just Cruising' in Workout
- Optimism High for Fasig-Tipton July Yearlings
- White Filly Beautiful Devil Carries Tradition
- Espinoza Tied in World's Best Jock Standings
- Horse Greeley Sold to Stand in Argentina
- Speedy Grade III Winner Chitu Retired
- Two 'Super Saturdays' for Belmont Fall Meet
- Kentucky Horsewoman Graves Dies at 61
- Keeneland Alters September Sale Format
- New York Coupled Entry Rules Modified