His Race to Win fired through an opening between horses near mid-stretch and edged clear of 11-10 choice Winning Cause to post his first stakes victory in the $166,038 Ontario Derby (Can-III) Sept. 15 at Woodbine.
New York shipper Winning Cause, trained by Todd Pletcher, is the 8-5 favorite in a field of six 3-year-olds to contest the $150,000 Ontario Derby (Can-III) Sept. 15 at Woodbine.
Heavily favored Up With the Birds, driving to the lead in upper stretch, sprinted away from his rivals to register an impressive 2 3/4-length score in the $484,426 Breeders' Stakes to wrap up the 2013 Canadian Triple Crown.
He was a half-length short as the favorite in the Queen's Plate, but Up With the Birds will get a second chance at glory Aug. 18 when he challenges nine rivals in the $500,000 Breeders' Stakes at Woodbine.
Up With the Birds, dominating winner of the Marine Stakes, was made the 2-1 favorite in the $1 million Queen's Plate, heading a field of 12 Canadian-bred 3-year-olds July 7 at Woodbine.
Dynamic Sky, ridden patiently by Joel Rosario, nosed out a game His Race to Win to capture the $147,903 Plate Trial in a superb finish June 9 at Woodbine.
A day after the Belmont Stakes (gr. I) wraps up the American Triple Crown series for 2013, the spotlight shines on 3-year-olds at Woodbine.
Seventy-three horses have been made eligible for the 154th edition of the historic Queen's Plate, to be held July 7 at Woodbine.
Uncaptured, Canada's 2012 Horse of the Year, was caught a bit short in his return to Woodbine May 5 when Pyrite Mountain swept past him to deep stretch to take the $115,690 Wando Stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- Mike Mitchell to Step Down as Head Trainer
- Broodmare of the Year Take Charge Lady
- European Mark Smashed Again at Tattersalls
- Quality Road's First Starter Scores Easy Win
- Key Owners, Trainers to Publicize Vet Records
- Take Charge Lady is KY Broodmare of the Year
- Ky Derby: Form, Pedigree, Speed, & Red Flags
- Wicked Strong Puts in Solid Breeze at Belmont
- That Handicapping Show: Illinois Derby
- Slideshow: Take Charge Lady