Gorgeous Goose, ridden by Corey Nakatani, emerged from mid-pack in the stretch to collar odds-on choice Diamond Diva, winning the $100,000 Wilshire Handicap (gr. IIIT) in an 11-1 upset on the Hollywood Park turf course May 2.
Muny, who posted his third straight victory with a front-running effort in the Oak Tree Derby (gr. IIT) on the Breeders' Cup undercard at Santa Anita Oct. 25, is slated to make his next start in the $500,000 Hollywood Derby (gr. IT) Nov. 30, trainer Mike Puype said Nov. 7.
With the unbeaten E Z Warrior sitting out Sunday's $150,000 San Vicente (gr. II), a wide-open field of seven 3-year-olds will contest the seven-furlong Santa Anita Derby (gr. I) prep at the Arcadia, Calif., track.
Making his first stakes appearance, Cobra Farm's Trieste's Honor battled favored Capitano for the entire stretch run before getting up by a neck in the $100,000 California Derby for 3-year-olds at Bay Meadows Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah 'Went Great' in Slop at CD
- Hard Not to Like Skims Rail, Takes Gamely
- Street Story Flies to Winning Colors Win
- G. G. Ryder Swoops to All American Win
- Majestic City Strong in Lone Star Handicap
- Mulhall, Former Racing Manager, Dies at 76
- Filly First Winner for Twirling Candy
- Monmouth Reports Strong Memorial Day Weekend
- American Pharoah Continues Churchill Training
- Distinctiv Passion Wires Field in Los Angeles