Gorgeous Goose, ridden by Corey Nakatani, emerged from mid-pack in the stretch to collar odds-on choice Diamond Diva, winning the $100,000 Wilshire Handicap (gr. IIIT) in an 11-1 upset on the Hollywood Park turf course May 2.
Muny, who posted his third straight victory with a front-running effort in the Oak Tree Derby (gr. IIT) on the Breeders' Cup undercard at Santa Anita Oct. 25, is slated to make his next start in the $500,000 Hollywood Derby (gr. IT) Nov. 30, trainer Mike Puype said Nov. 7.
With the unbeaten E Z Warrior sitting out Sunday's $150,000 San Vicente (gr. II), a wide-open field of seven 3-year-olds will contest the seven-furlong Santa Anita Derby (gr. I) prep at the Arcadia, Calif., track.
Making his first stakes appearance, Cobra Farm's Trieste's Honor battled favored Capitano for the entire stretch run before getting up by a neck in the $100,000 California Derby for 3-year-olds at Bay Meadows Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Stellar Wind to Challenge Beholder Again
- Nyquist Arrives at Monmouth
- Stradivari Recuperating After Surgery
- Belmont Winner Creator Returns in Jim Dandy
- Haveyougoneaway Delivers in Honorable Miss
- A.P. Indian Has Green Light in Vanderbilt
- Lady Aurelia on Track for Prix Morny
- Legends: Lady's Secret, the Iron Lady
- King Kranz Holds Royal Edge in Amsterdam