Closing Argument, a top 10 leading third-crop sire of 2011, has moved to Whispering Oaks Farm near Carnecro, La. for the 2012 breeding season. The son of Successful Appeal will stand for $5,000.
WinStar Farm's Drosselmeyer, most recently second in the Jockey Club Gold Cup (gr. I), continued his preparations for the $5 million Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) by working five furlongs in 1:01 1/5 in company Oct. 22.
Ken and Sarah Ramsey's homebred Stephanie's Kitten came from off the pace and ran down Heart of Destiny inside the sixteenth pole to win the $400,000 Darley Alcibiades (gr. I) Oct. 7 on opening day at Keeneland.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Uncle Mo Filly Brings $1 Million at F-T Sale
- Fast Uncle Mo Filly Tops F-T Midlantic Sale
- Friesan Fire Colt Tops Midlantic at $825,000
- Finger Lakes Horsemen Call for Support
- Possible NYRA Plan Concerns Saratoga Group
- What is Uncle Mo Worth?
- So Far, Seven Pointing for Belmont Park