Closing Argument, a top 10 leading third-crop sire of 2011, has moved to Whispering Oaks Farm near Carnecro, La. for the 2012 breeding season. The son of Successful Appeal will stand for $5,000.
WinStar Farm's Drosselmeyer, most recently second in the Jockey Club Gold Cup (gr. I), continued his preparations for the $5 million Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) by working five furlongs in 1:01 1/5 in company Oct. 22.
Ken and Sarah Ramsey's homebred Stephanie's Kitten came from off the pace and ran down Heart of Destiny inside the sixteenth pole to win the $400,000 Darley Alcibiades (gr. I) Oct. 7 on opening day at Keeneland.
Most Popular Stories
- Full Field of 14 Contest Wide-Open Modesty
- Kentucky Horses Lose a Friend in Vet Byars
- Sky Lantern Takes Second Crack at Falmouth
- Stars and Stripes Good Spot for Suntracer
- Hoppertunity Heading Home to California
- Princess of Sylmar Seeks Del 'Cap Rebound
- Boisterous Holds Class Edge in Bowling Green
- Admiral Kitten Back at Arlington Park
- Hialeah Sees New Thoroughbred Opportunity
- Our Channel Makes Trek for American Derby