Closing Argument, a top 10 leading third-crop sire of 2011, has moved to Whispering Oaks Farm near Carnecro, La. for the 2012 breeding season. The son of Successful Appeal will stand for $5,000.
WinStar Farm's Drosselmeyer, most recently second in the Jockey Club Gold Cup (gr. I), continued his preparations for the $5 million Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) by working five furlongs in 1:01 1/5 in company Oct. 22.
Ken and Sarah Ramsey's homebred Stephanie's Kitten came from off the pace and ran down Heart of Destiny inside the sixteenth pole to win the $400,000 Darley Alcibiades (gr. I) Oct. 7 on opening day at Keeneland.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- I Thought I had Seen it All
- Irish War Cry Works With Wood Memorial Bid Likely
- Fields Set for Louisiana Derby, Fair Grounds Oaks
- Second Summer Catches Sharp Azteca in Godolphin Mile
- Itsinthepost Breaks Through in San Luis Rey