Closing Argument, a top 10 leading third-crop sire of 2011, has moved to Whispering Oaks Farm near Carnecro, La. for the 2012 breeding season. The son of Successful Appeal will stand for $5,000.
WinStar Farm's Drosselmeyer, most recently second in the Jockey Club Gold Cup (gr. I), continued his preparations for the $5 million Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) by working five furlongs in 1:01 1/5 in company Oct. 22.
Ken and Sarah Ramsey's homebred Stephanie's Kitten came from off the pace and ran down Heart of Destiny inside the sixteenth pole to win the $400,000 Darley Alcibiades (gr. I) Oct. 7 on opening day at Keeneland.
Most Popular Stories
- Bayern Wires Haskell; Favored Untapable 5th
- Big Macher Collects Grade I Bing Crosby Win
- Antipathy Convincing Winner in Muddy Shuvee
- Tonalist, Kid Cruz Exit Jim Dandy Well
- Guys Reward Finds Path to Oceanport Tally
- Valid Breaks Through With Monmouth Cup Win
- Starstruck Back to Winning Ways in Matchmaker
- Ageless Equals Course Record in Royal North
- Del Mar Shifting Turf Races After Breakdowns
- Majestic River Rolls to Molly Pitcher Win