A colt from the first crop of Majestic Warrior brought a high bid of $700,000 to become the top-priced offering at the 2012 Keeneland April sale of 2-year-olds in training in Lexington.
Doncaster's new St. Leger Festival Yearling Sale concluded Sept. 13. with a gross of 2,050,300 guineas for 143 head sold at a clearance rate of 75.6%.
Groom Dancer, a Kentucky-bred who developed into a French group I winner and a successful international stallion, died at Cheveley Park Stud near Newmarket, England.
Tattersalls' new October Yearling Sale produced a combined turnover at parts one and two of $118 million, a sharp drop from the $137.5 million aggregated at the three auctions it replaced.
Favored Love Everlasting battled back in the final furlong to win Saturday's Group III 1 1/2-mile Princess Royal Willmott Dixon Stakes at Ascot.
Most Popular Stories
- Will Take Charge vs. Palace Malice in Whitney
- Del Mar Makes Adjustment to Slow Polytrack
- Perfect at Spa, Sweet Reason Ready for Test
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Trainer Joshua Stein Wins in Debut at Sonoma
- Clement Hirsch: Iotapa After BC Distaff Slot
- CDI Reports Record Second Quarter Revenues
- Palace Malice Hoping to Continue His Roll
- New York-Bred Palace At Home In Vanderbilt
- Juddmonte Stallions Available to S.H. Mares