A colt from the first crop of Majestic Warrior brought a high bid of $700,000 to become the top-priced offering at the 2012 Keeneland April sale of 2-year-olds in training in Lexington.
Doncaster's new St. Leger Festival Yearling Sale concluded Sept. 13. with a gross of 2,050,300 guineas for 143 head sold at a clearance rate of 75.6%.
Groom Dancer, a Kentucky-bred who developed into a French group I winner and a successful international stallion, died at Cheveley Park Stud near Newmarket, England.
Tattersalls' new October Yearling Sale produced a combined turnover at parts one and two of $118 million, a sharp drop from the $137.5 million aggregated at the three auctions it replaced.
Favored Love Everlasting battled back in the final furlong to win Saturday's Group III 1 1/2-mile Princess Royal Willmott Dixon Stakes at Ascot.
Most Popular Stories
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Texas Chrome Pointing to Dirt Mile
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Fasig-Tipton October Catalog Available
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Pompa, Brown Connect on Dirt in Pa. Derby
- Art Exhibit and Sale at Santa Anita Park
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby