A colt from the first crop of Majestic Warrior brought a high bid of $700,000 to become the top-priced offering at the 2012 Keeneland April sale of 2-year-olds in training in Lexington.
Doncaster's new St. Leger Festival Yearling Sale concluded Sept. 13. with a gross of 2,050,300 guineas for 143 head sold at a clearance rate of 75.6%.
Groom Dancer, a Kentucky-bred who developed into a French group I winner and a successful international stallion, died at Cheveley Park Stud near Newmarket, England.
Tattersalls' new October Yearling Sale produced a combined turnover at parts one and two of $118 million, a sharp drop from the $137.5 million aggregated at the three auctions it replaced.
Favored Love Everlasting battled back in the final furlong to win Saturday's Group III 1 1/2-mile Princess Royal Willmott Dixon Stakes at Ascot.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Fresh Horses Plentiful in 2016 Kentucky Derby
- Ramseys Go It Alone with Oscar Nominated
- Full Gate for Pat Day Mile
- Trainer Abrams Takes Leave of Absence
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Gryder Seeks First Derby With Trojan Nation
- Nyquist Jogs, Schools at Churchill Downs
- Owner Bryan Shares Credit for Exaggerator