A colt from the first crop of Majestic Warrior brought a high bid of $700,000 to become the top-priced offering at the 2012 Keeneland April sale of 2-year-olds in training in Lexington.
Doncaster's new St. Leger Festival Yearling Sale concluded Sept. 13. with a gross of 2,050,300 guineas for 143 head sold at a clearance rate of 75.6%.
Groom Dancer, a Kentucky-bred who developed into a French group I winner and a successful international stallion, died at Cheveley Park Stud near Newmarket, England.
Tattersalls' new October Yearling Sale produced a combined turnover at parts one and two of $118 million, a sharp drop from the $137.5 million aggregated at the three auctions it replaced.
Favored Love Everlasting battled back in the final furlong to win Saturday's Group III 1 1/2-mile Princess Royal Willmott Dixon Stakes at Ascot.
Most Popular Stories
- Stellar Wind Upsets Beholder
- Maiden No More, Laoban Stuns Jim Dandy Rivals
- Flintshire Scores in Eventful Bowling Green
- A. P. Indian Outduels Holy Boss in Vanderbilt
- Seeking the Gold Dies at 31
- Lexie Lou Goes Wire to Wire in Victoriana
- Pennsylvania Sanctions Trainer Preciado
- Minding Overcomes Trouble for Nassau Win
- Monmouth, Suffolk Battle Over Entries
- Mind Your Biscuits Takes Amsterdam