Citing an overall decline in wagering, Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots has canceled four stakes and cut purses for a dozen others, including the Fair Grounds Oaks (gr. II), which went from $500,000 to $400,000.
Lower than expected wagering has prompted Ellis Park to reduce overnight purses by 15% for the remainder of the race meet.
Most Popular Stories
- Gun Runner Likely Out of Pegasus World Cup
- Semper Fortis Takes Ralis' Spot in Pegasus World Cup
- Keen Ice to Calumet Upon Retirement
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year
- Tepin Gets Serious in Latest Work
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Suddenbreakingnews Set to Return at Oaklawn
- Shaman Ghost Works Bullet in Pegasus Prep
- Sherman Staying in the Moment With California Chrome
- OBS to Offer Experienced Racehorses, Yearlings, Mares