The Kentucky Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association has taken issue with an Ellis Park purse reduction that has put the minimum purse to near $5,000 for the first time in recent memory at any Thoroughbred racetrack in Kentucky.
Churchill Downs Inc. has revised its financial statements to reflect reductions in pre-tax earnings for 2002 and 2003 of $2.2 million and $1 million, respectively, because of purse overpayments. The company also noted impairment charges of $6.2 million at Ellis Park because of "poor" live meet results this summer.
Most Popular Stories
- Salutos Amigos Rallies to Win Fall Highweight
- Nathaniel Filly Tops Tattersalls Foal Session
- After Gallop, California Chrome Ready to Go
- Discreet Marq, La Tia Square Off in Matriarch
- Euros Inside and Out After Japan Cup Draw
- Rainha De Bateria Heads Durante at Del Mar
- Chrome to Go for the Green in Hollywood Derby
- Blueskiesnrainbows Among 7 for Native Diver
- Secret Circle, Itsmyluckyday in Cigar Mile
- Churchill Proposes Derby Bet on Winning Sire