The Kentucky Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association has taken issue with an Ellis Park purse reduction that has put the minimum purse to near $5,000 for the first time in recent memory at any Thoroughbred racetrack in Kentucky.
Churchill Downs Inc. has revised its financial statements to reflect reductions in pre-tax earnings for 2002 and 2003 of $2.2 million and $1 million, respectively, because of purse overpayments. The company also noted impairment charges of $6.2 million at Ellis Park because of "poor" live meet results this summer.
Most Popular Stories
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- Big Fields for Hollywood's Final Curtain Call
- Bourbon Courage Faces Csaba, Neck 'n Neck
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- Easthams Re-Launch Legacy Bloodstock
- OH Panel to New Track: No Tellers, No Permit
- Ohio Tracks, Horsemen Close to VLT Agreements
- Tranquility Farm Downsizing, Moving North
- Woodbine Has Per-Card Wagering Rise in 2013
- OwnerView to Host October Ownership Seminar