The Kentucky Horse Racing Commission will review a regulation that permits tracks to withhold all purses from a day of racing when there is a suspicious post-race test for any horse racing that day.
Churchill Downs has reconfigured its purse distribution for stakes events and overnight races during Kentucky Derby Week and the track's April 25-July 5 Spring Meet to encourage participation by as many horses as possible during the meet's races.
Michigan Thoroughbred horsemen say their industry is dying because of the unfair and illegal way purse money is being distributed. The Michigan racing commissioner counters that she is using past precedent to distribute the purses, and that it would be illegal for her to vary from that precedent without the consent of all parties.
Most Popular Stories
- Bayern Cruises to Pennsylvania Derby Win
- Untapable Unstoppable in Grade I Cotillion
- Keeneland September Day 12 Sees Declines
- Moreno, Itsmyluckyday Work for Super Saturday
- Artemis Agrotera Gets Up to Win Gallant Bloom
- Another Walk in the Parx for Favorite Tale
- Divine Oath Holds Off Bashart in Kent Stakes
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- Irish-Bred Pure Champion Wins in New Zealand
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby