The Kentucky Horse Racing Commission will review a regulation that permits tracks to withhold all purses from a day of racing when there is a suspicious post-race test for any horse racing that day.
Churchill Downs has reconfigured its purse distribution for stakes events and overnight races during Kentucky Derby Week and the track's April 25-July 5 Spring Meet to encourage participation by as many horses as possible during the meet's races.
Michigan Thoroughbred horsemen say their industry is dying because of the unfair and illegal way purse money is being distributed. The Michigan racing commissioner counters that she is using past precedent to distribute the purses, and that it would be illegal for her to vary from that precedent without the consent of all parties.
Most Popular Stories
- Ria Antonia Readies for Run Against Boys
- New Career Plans for Retired Comma to the Top
- Boat Trip Wins Express; Triple Heater for 2nd
- Akeed Mofeed Takes HK Cup; Little Mike 9th
- Dozen Pointed for $750,000 CashCall Futurity
- Jose Sea View Posts Gritty Display Victory
- Glorious Days Closes to Win Hong Kong Mile
- Dynamic Trade Continues at Arqana Sale
- Dominant Upsets The Fugue in Hong Kong Vase
- Lord Kanaloa Impresses in Career Finale