The Kentucky Horse Racing Commission will review a regulation that permits tracks to withhold all purses from a day of racing when there is a suspicious post-race test for any horse racing that day.
Churchill Downs has reconfigured its purse distribution for stakes events and overnight races during Kentucky Derby Week and the track's April 25-July 5 Spring Meet to encourage participation by as many horses as possible during the meet's races.
Michigan Thoroughbred horsemen say their industry is dying because of the unfair and illegal way purse money is being distributed. The Michigan racing commissioner counters that she is using past precedent to distribute the purses, and that it would be illegal for her to vary from that precedent without the consent of all parties.
Most Popular Stories
- Breeders' Cup Lists Start Times, Bet Options
- Mile Draws 19 First-Preference Entries
- Top 3-Year-Olds Abound in BC Classic
- Eight Grade I Winners Entered in F&M Turf
- Goldencents Seeks Second Dirt Mile Victory
- Main Sequence Battles Euro Standouts in Turf
- Keeneland, Red Mile Partner on Instant Racing
- Artemis Agrotera Among 11 in F&M Sprint
- Report of Mares Bred Shows Modest Increase
- Owner-Breeder Nelson Bunker Hunt Dies