Jockey Herb McCauley registered his first stakes victory at Monmouth Park in 10 years May 9 when he guided Red Oak Stable's Casino Transaction to a front-running upset victory in the $70,000 Red Cross Stakes on opening day of a 99-day Thoroughbred meeting in Oceanport, N.J.
Kevin Sleeter will send out homebred Talkin About Love in the $70,000 Red Cross Stakes May 9, the opening day feature at Monmouth Park.
Talkin About Love, a winner of five of her seven starts last year, has been named New Jersey-bred Horse of the Year and champion 3-year-old female for 2007 by the Thoroughbred Breeders' Association of New Jersey.
In a race where the the likely top three betting choices were scratched, Patricia Generazio's Pure Disco won the $100,000 Revidere Stakes in gate-to-wire fashion Oct. 25 at Monmouth Park.
The Thoroughbred Breeders' Association of New Jersey named Char-Mari Stables' Park Avenue Ball Horse of the Year for 2005.
George and Lori Hall's Keeneland Kat stormed through the stretch to capture the $100,000 Sorority Stakes for 2-year-old fillies impressively Saturday at Monmouth Park.
Disco Rico, a multiple graded stakes winner, came through with his first winner when his daughter Pure Disco won July 13 at Monmouth Park in her initial outing.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Team Optimistic, Nyquist 'Full of Energy'
- Beholder to Make 2016 Debut in Adoration
- Repole Returns With Outwork for Uncle Mo
- Big Blue Kitten Heads Woodford Turf Classic
- Unlocking Winners Kentucky Derby 142 Analysis
- Lady Aurelia Awaits Queen Mary at Ascot
- Bensons Hope to Let Good Times Roll in Derby
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite