Flamethrowintexan notched his fourth consecutive victory on Saturday, leading all the way in the $65,000 Seattle Slew Breeders' Cup at Emerald Downs.
In what has to be the most wide-open race of the 3-year-old season, 11 horses from all across the country converge on Hawthorne Race Course for Saturday's $500,000 Illinois Derby (gr. II).
With plenty of down time left before the flood of Kentucky Derby (gr. I) preps begin on April 3, this is a good opportunity to continue looking for new angles, new faces, and a new perspective on the Derby picture.
Ten additional 3-year-olds were nominated to the $500,000 Illinois Derby (gr. II) before late nominations for the April 3 race at Hawthorne closed Friday, March 19.
Most Popular Stories
- No Lasix for Social Inclusion in Haskell
- Katie's Kiss First Winner for Kantharos
- Samraat Headed Back to Saratoga After Surgery
- Taghrooda Flies to King George Triumph
- Trainer, Jock Team for South African Double
- Keeneland's Historical Racing Plans Delayed
- Dance With Fate's Exercise Rider Has Surgery
- Irish Surf Runs Away in Cougar II Marathon
- Dance With Fate Euthanized After Accident
- Whitney Card's Grade I Races Taking Shape