The powerhouse jockey/trainer tandem of John Velazquez and Todd Pletcher shipped Honey Ryder to Woodbine Sunday to take the $1 million E.P. Taylor Stakes (Can-I) in game fashion.
Godolphin's Punctilious heads a field of 12 fillies and mares for Sunday's $1 million E.P. Taylor Stakes (Can-I), at 10 furlongs on the turf at Woodbine, part of the undercard on Pattison Canadian International day.
Punctilious is being considered for the Emirates Airline Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf (gr. IT) after giving Godolphin its second group I victory in four days in the Aston Upthorpe Yorkshire Oaks at York, England Wednesday.
Commercante overtook favored Punctilious in deep stretch to win the $607,500 E.P. Taylor (Can-I) for fillies and mares at foggy, showery Woodbine Sunday for her first North American stakes victory.
Ouija Board became the 10th filly to achieve the Epsom-Curragh Oaks double Saturday with a one-length victory over Punctilious in the Darley Irish Oaks (Ire-I).
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Improving; Exaggerator Jogs Two Miles
- Centeno Recovering in Florida After Spill
- Making the Grade: Exaggerator's Belmont Shot
- Woodward, Hancock to Racing Hall of Fame
- Uncle Mo Filly Brings $1 Million at F-T Sale
- Court Order Has Preciado Racing Again at Parx