The powerhouse jockey/trainer tandem of John Velazquez and Todd Pletcher shipped Honey Ryder to Woodbine Sunday to take the $1 million E.P. Taylor Stakes (Can-I) in game fashion.
Godolphin's Punctilious heads a field of 12 fillies and mares for Sunday's $1 million E.P. Taylor Stakes (Can-I), at 10 furlongs on the turf at Woodbine, part of the undercard on Pattison Canadian International day.
Punctilious is being considered for the Emirates Airline Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf (gr. IT) after giving Godolphin its second group I victory in four days in the Aston Upthorpe Yorkshire Oaks at York, England Wednesday.
Commercante overtook favored Punctilious in deep stretch to win the $607,500 E.P. Taylor (Can-I) for fillies and mares at foggy, showery Woodbine Sunday for her first North American stakes victory.
Ouija Board became the 10th filly to achieve the Epsom-Curragh Oaks double Saturday with a one-length victory over Punctilious in the Darley Irish Oaks (Ire-I).
Most Popular Stories
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- The RNA Conundrum at Public Auctions
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- BH 100: Shooting Star
- Have Horseplayers Lost Touch With the Horse?
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Texas Bling Retired to Stud
- Texas Chrome Prevails in Oklahoma Derby