The powerhouse jockey/trainer tandem of John Velazquez and Todd Pletcher shipped Honey Ryder to Woodbine Sunday to take the $1 million E.P. Taylor Stakes (Can-I) in game fashion.
Godolphin's Punctilious heads a field of 12 fillies and mares for Sunday's $1 million E.P. Taylor Stakes (Can-I), at 10 furlongs on the turf at Woodbine, part of the undercard on Pattison Canadian International day.
Punctilious is being considered for the Emirates Airline Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf (gr. IT) after giving Godolphin its second group I victory in four days in the Aston Upthorpe Yorkshire Oaks at York, England Wednesday.
Commercante overtook favored Punctilious in deep stretch to win the $607,500 E.P. Taylor (Can-I) for fillies and mares at foggy, showery Woodbine Sunday for her first North American stakes victory.
Ouija Board became the 10th filly to achieve the Epsom-Curragh Oaks double Saturday with a one-length victory over Punctilious in the Darley Irish Oaks (Ire-I).
Most Popular Stories
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Top 2-Year-Olds
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- General Quarters Moves to Crestwood Farm
- Chasing Landaluce
- Tattersalls Ends Year With Soaring Figures
- U.S. Horses Face Tough Tests in Hong Kong
- That Handicapping Show: Claiming Crown 2013
- Jockey De La Cruz Registers 1,000th Victory
- Zia Park Reports 14% Increase in 2013 Handle
- Hong Kong Cup Day: Dale Romans - Little Mike