Millionaire Puerto Madero, whose victory over Behrens and Silver Charm in the 1999 Donn Handicap (gr. I) got the "NTRA Champions on Fox" series off to a rousing start, has been retired from racing and will stand at John T.L. Jones Jr.'s Walmac International near Lexington for $5,000 live foal.
Dust On the Bottle, last after the opening quarter mile and sixth after a mile, rallied through the stretch to win the $500,000 Hawthorne Gold Cup (gr. III) by a length Saturday at Hawthorne Race Course. Sent off at nearly 39-1, the Glenn Hild-trained 5-year-old paid $79.40 for the win.
Stronach Stables Golden Missile has been installed as the 6-5 morning-line favorite for the Hawthorne Gold Cup (gr. III) Saturday at Hawthorne.
Stronach Stable's Golden Missile heads the list of horses likely to enter Saturday's $500,000 Hawthorne Gold Cup (gr. III). Others pointing for the Gold Cup include Mula Gula, Blazing Sword, and Puerto Madero.
Overbrook Farm's Surfside worked six furlongs from the gate at Churchill Downs on Thursday in company with WHAS-11 Stakes winner Unbridled Time. Surfside's 3/4-sister Sanibel Island also worked at Churchill on Thursday.
Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Fusaichi Pegasus highlights the list of 23 horses nominated to the $400,000 Meadowlands Cup Handicap (gr. II). The 1 1/8-mile race for 3-year-olds and up will be run Oct. 7 at Meadowlands.
Most Popular Stories
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- Close Hatches Dominates Personal Ensign
- California Chrome Sharpens Up at Los Alamitos
- Mark Valeski, Magna Graduate to Woodford
- Bayern Gallops 1 1/2 Miles On Eve of Travers
- Chrome Set for Pennsylvania Derby Return
- Pedigree Analysis: Bayern
- Hootenanny, The Wow Signal to Meet in France
- Jerkens, Lukas, Durkin Honored at Saratoga
- Irish Surf Opts for Classic Over Del Mar 'Cap