A public hearing held by the New York Racing Association at Belmont June 15 was intended to focus on racing, wagering, and marketing, but within minutes of its start, it turned into an acrimonious, impromptu union meeting.
The public gets another opportunity to comment on new Kentucky Horse Racing Commission regulations that would allow Instant Racing machines at the racetracks.
The California Horse Racing Board will vote in July on regulatory changes that would result in stricter penalties for anabolic steroids violations, and is soliciting public comment prior to a July 17 hearing at Del Mar.
Most Popular Stories
- Rebel Rematch Expected in Arkansas Derby
- Likely Entrants for World Cup Card Released
- California Chrome 'Wait and See' for SA Derby
- Apprentice Courtney Hernandez Gets First Win
- KY-Bred Lideris Wins Latinoamericana in Peru
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Let Faith Arise Puts Santa Margarita On Ice