A public hearing held by the New York Racing Association at Belmont June 15 was intended to focus on racing, wagering, and marketing, but within minutes of its start, it turned into an acrimonious, impromptu union meeting.
The public gets another opportunity to comment on new Kentucky Horse Racing Commission regulations that would allow Instant Racing machines at the racetracks.
The California Horse Racing Board will vote in July on regulatory changes that would result in stricter penalties for anabolic steroids violations, and is soliciting public comment prior to a July 17 hearing at Del Mar.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Mare Nastique Dies at 29
- Panelists to Horse Racing: Spin Isn't In
- St Nicholas Abbey Progresses in Recovery
- Giving 'L' Legitimacy - Eric Mitchell
- Racing is Ripe for More Advanced Statistics
- BloodHorse.com New Navigation Tour
- NYRA Chief Discusses Aspects of Growth Plan
- Castellano Closing on Season Earnings Record
- Suffolk Casino Project to be Put to New Vote
- Slideshow: Royal Delta