A public hearing held by the New York Racing Association at Belmont June 15 was intended to focus on racing, wagering, and marketing, but within minutes of its start, it turned into an acrimonious, impromptu union meeting.
The public gets another opportunity to comment on new Kentucky Horse Racing Commission regulations that would allow Instant Racing machines at the racetracks.
The California Horse Racing Board will vote in July on regulatory changes that would result in stricter penalties for anabolic steroids violations, and is soliciting public comment prior to a July 17 hearing at Del Mar.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Stradivari Recuperating After Surgery
- Nyquist Arrives at Monmouth
- Belmont Winner Creator Returns in Jim Dandy
- Haveyougoneaway Delivers in Honorable Miss
- A.P. Indian Has Green Light in Vanderbilt
- Lady Aurelia on Track for Prix Morny
- King Kranz Holds Royal Edge in Amsterdam
- Madden Gets Birthday Win at Saratoga
- Legends: Lady's Secret, the Iron Lady