A public hearing held by the New York Racing Association at Belmont June 15 was intended to focus on racing, wagering, and marketing, but within minutes of its start, it turned into an acrimonious, impromptu union meeting.
The public gets another opportunity to comment on new Kentucky Horse Racing Commission regulations that would allow Instant Racing machines at the racetracks.
The California Horse Racing Board will vote in July on regulatory changes that would result in stricter penalties for anabolic steroids violations, and is soliciting public comment prior to a July 17 hearing at Del Mar.
Most Popular Stories
- Love the Chase to Sell at F-T November
- Jim Rome Remembers Shared Belief
- Woodward Up Next for Frosted
- Lady Eli's Miracle Comeback Looms
- Unbeaten Enola Gray Steps Up in Torrey Pines
- Del Mar to Cut Race Dates, Open Later in 2017
- Majesto Spikes Fever, to Scratch From Travers
- 'Crook' 50th Black-Type Winner for Freud
- Runhappy Gets Back to Work at Keeneland
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator