Nine speed-burners, headed by Triple Bend Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. I) winner Unfurl the Flag, are set to run Sunday in the $300,000 Pat O'Brien Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II) at 7 furlongs.
Greg's Gold, making his stakes debut for trainer David Hofmans, captured the $300,000 Bing Crosby Handicap (gr. I) as favored Pico Central faded to finish last at Del Mar Sunday.
Multiple grade I winner Pico Central is the clear headliner for Sunday's $300,000 Bing Crosby Handicap (gr. I) at Del Mar, but he could be vulnerable after an absence of four months.
Dogwood Stable's Limehouse, recent winner of Belmont Park's Brooklyn Handicap (gr. II), is the likely favorite as he attempts to become the first Eastern-based horse since Skip Away in 1998 to capture Hollywood Park's signature event, the $750,000 Hollywood Gold Cup (gr. I), on Saturday.
A large group of California-based Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships-bound horses were put through their final workouts for Racing's Championship Day at both Santa Anita and Hollywood Park Sunday morning.
Corey Nakatani, who celebrated his 34th birthday Oct. 21, has been booked to ride in all eight Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championship races Oct. 30 at Lone Star Park.
Pt's Grey Eagle, seventh on the turn, turned in a 29-1 stunner in the $213,000 Ancient Title Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. I) Sunday during the Oak Tree meet at Santa Anita.
Bluesthestandard could use Sunday's $250,000 Ancient Title Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. I) at Oak Tree at Santa Anita Park as a springboard to his second consecutive appearance in the Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) at Lone Star Park in Texas on Oct. 30.
Most Popular Stories
- Strong Racing Stable Has Oxley Looking Forward
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Dr. Zic Among 36 Added to Fasig-Tipton Winter Mixed
- Sunshine Millions Cuts After FTBOA Withholds Payment
- Southwest the Next Target for Uncontested
- Uncle Lino Back to Work at Santa Anita
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Eclipse Awards to be Televised on TVG2
- A Closer Look at Smarty Jones Winner Uncontested
- Cuomo Proposes Returning NYRA to Private Control