They saved the best for last during the Sept. 18 session of the Keeneland September yearling sale when the day’s highest-price of $700,000 was paid by Paul Haughey’s PTK Racing for a Pioneerof the Nile colt.
National riding leader Ramon Dominguez, who split time between Maryland and Delaware, had more trips to the winners' circle in Maryland than any other rider in the colony, winning 185 races at Pimlico and Laurel Park in 2003. Trainer Dale Capuano and owner Michael Gill again topped their divisions this year.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Trainer Baird Reaches Win 2,000
- Arrogate Smooth in Six Furlong Work
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Malibu Moon, Tapit Colts Could Shine at F-T
- Curlin Colt Sells for $350,000 at F-T October
- Cinco Charlie to Spendthrift Farm
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic
- Tapit Colt Late Withdrawal from F-T Sale
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill