They saved the best for last during the Sept. 18 session of the Keeneland September yearling sale when the day’s highest-price of $700,000 was paid by Paul Haughey’s PTK Racing for a Pioneerof the Nile colt.
National riding leader Ramon Dominguez, who split time between Maryland and Delaware, had more trips to the winners' circle in Maryland than any other rider in the colony, winning 185 races at Pimlico and Laurel Park in 2003. Trainer Dale Capuano and owner Michael Gill again topped their divisions this year.
Most Popular Stories
- Jockey Gallardo to Try Southern California
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Borell Enters Alford Plea on Cruelty Charges
- Santa Anita Installs Barn Surveillance System
- Stopchargingmaria in F-T November Sale
- Impressive Maiden Winners Try Pilgrim Stakes
- Outwork, Speightster Retire to WinStar
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- Jockey Collins Suffers Paralysis After Spill