They saved the best for last during the Sept. 18 session of the Keeneland September yearling sale when the day’s highest-price of $700,000 was paid by Paul Haughey’s PTK Racing for a Pioneerof the Nile colt.
National riding leader Ramon Dominguez, who split time between Maryland and Delaware, had more trips to the winners' circle in Maryland than any other rider in the colony, winning 185 races at Pimlico and Laurel Park in 2003. Trainer Dale Capuano and owner Michael Gill again topped their divisions this year.
Most Popular Stories
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- Trainer Brown Gearing Up for Gulfstream
- Three Rules Being Considered for Swale Stakes
- Holy Bull Stakes Goal for Gunnevera
- A Look Back at A.P. Indy's Hollywood Futurity
- Woodbine Reports Increased Handle
- Jockeys' Guild Set for Annual Assembly
- Promising Mastery Heads Los Al Futurity Field
- Top Global Runners Vie in Hong Kong Races
- Wall, McKay Named to Media Honor Roll