A weanling colt by Tiznow brought $265,000 to top the Saturday session of Keeneland's November breeding stock sale.
Barry Abrams' and Madeline Auerbach's Lethal Heat is making her first start in graded stakes company, will be running off the turf for the first time, and is coming back in 10 days from a 1 3/4-length allowance win. But Abrams fully expects the 3-year-old daughter of Unusual Heat to handle those factors in the $100,000 Santa Paula Stakes (gr. III) at Santa Anita March 30.
With the field softened up significantly by the loss of three leading contenders, Salute the Sarge could be in a prime spot to earn his first grade I victory in Oak Tree's $250,000 Norfolk Stakes (gr. I) for 2-year-olds at Santa Anita Sept. 30.
Ever since she came into his barn, John Sadler has been waiting for the chance to see Tasha's Miracle go two turns. The Southern California trainer will finally have that opportunity Sept. 29, as his talented 2-year-old filly headlines a field of 11 in the $250,000 Oak Leaf Stakes (gr. I) at Santa Anita.
Most Popular Stories
- Solid Field Drawn for Springboard Mile Stakes
- Barbaro Brother Lentenor to Stand in Indiana
- Longshot Proves First Winner for Tippity Tap
- Normandy Invasion, Itsmyluckyday Return
- Penn National Plans to Race 200 Days in 2014
- Northern California Race Dates Approved
- Preakness Purse Increased to $1.5M in 2014
- Outstanding Field Set for CashCall Futurity
- CHRB Gets Update as Moving Day Draws Closer
- TOBA Ownership Webcasts