Short Some, from the first crop by Safe in the U S A, became the first winner for his sire when he won June 4.
Johar, who deadheated for first with High Chaparral in last year's John Deere Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IT), has been bought privately by Richard Santulli and George Prussin's Jayeff B Stable for stud duty at Mill Ridge Farm near Lexington.
Dahlia's Dreamer, one of four grade I winners from the great racemare and producer Dahlia (by Vaguely Noble), was euthanized Feb. 17 because of lymphangitis.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Juvenile Sales Scene Moves West to Barretts
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen
- Fields Set for Louisiana Derby, Fair Grounds Oaks
- I Thought I had Seen it All
- Second Summer Catches Sharp Azteca in Godolphin Mile
- Irish War Cry Works With Wood Memorial Bid Likely