Short Some, from the first crop by Safe in the U S A, became the first winner for his sire when he won June 4.
Johar, who deadheated for first with High Chaparral in last year's John Deere Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IT), has been bought privately by Richard Santulli and George Prussin's Jayeff B Stable for stud duty at Mill Ridge Farm near Lexington.
Dahlia's Dreamer, one of four grade I winners from the great racemare and producer Dahlia (by Vaguely Noble), was euthanized Feb. 17 because of lymphangitis.
Most Popular Stories
- Will Take Charge vs. Palace Malice in Whitney
- Federal Judge Dismisses Dutrow Lawsuit
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Colorado Voters to Decide on Racino Gaming
- CDI Gets 5-Year Contract with Saratoga Casino
- Palace Malice Hoping to Continue His Roll
- Check Ligament Surgery Helps Racehorses with SDFT Injuries
- Coltimus Prime Rules Prince of Wales
- Montana Jockey Seriously Injured in Spill
- Study: EIPH Does Not Shorten Racing Careers