Short Some, from the first crop by Safe in the U S A, became the first winner for his sire when he won June 4.
Johar, who deadheated for first with High Chaparral in last year's John Deere Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IT), has been bought privately by Richard Santulli and George Prussin's Jayeff B Stable for stud duty at Mill Ridge Farm near Lexington.
Dahlia's Dreamer, one of four grade I winners from the great racemare and producer Dahlia (by Vaguely Noble), was euthanized Feb. 17 because of lymphangitis.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist's BC Work Less Than Ideal
- Getting Started on Breeders' Cup Handicapping
- California Chrome 'Fit' for BC After Work
- Living The Life Retired, Won't Run in BC
- Beholder, Frosted Drill at Santa Anita
- Rachel Alexandra Breeder Morrison dies
- Breeders' Cup Pre-Entries Total 185
- Charismatic Moving to Old Friends
- Songbird Logs Final Breeze for Distaff
- Cool Arrow On Target for First Spendthrift