Short Some, from the first crop by Safe in the U S A, became the first winner for his sire when he won June 4.
Johar, who deadheated for first with High Chaparral in last year's John Deere Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IT), has been bought privately by Richard Santulli and George Prussin's Jayeff B Stable for stud duty at Mill Ridge Farm near Lexington.
Dahlia's Dreamer, one of four grade I winners from the great racemare and producer Dahlia (by Vaguely Noble), was euthanized Feb. 17 because of lymphangitis.
Most Popular Stories
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- Jockey Lane Luzzi Follows in Father's Footsteps
- New York Lawmakers Question Cuomo's NYRA Plans
- Recalling World's Most Lucrative Races
- First Foal a Filly for Grade 1 Winner Danza
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- Bahamian Squall's First Foal is a Colt
- First Foal by Fast Anna Born in New York
- Lane to Join The National Stud as New Stud Manager
- End of Fair Grounds Quarantine Appears to be on Horizon