It was a crowded Saratoga Race Course on Sunday afternoon with a paid attendance of 70,792, but Dave and jockey Jose Santos found plenty of room in the lane, coming away with a one-length victory in the $113,600 West Point Handicap on the turf for New York-breds.
Golden Commander swung to the outside for room in the upper stretch and closed steadily in the final sixteenth of a mile to win the $114,700 West Point Handicap for New York breds on turf at Saratoga Race Course on Sunday.
A switch to the turf could help Christine's Outlaw claim his first stakes victory Saturday in the $100,000-added Poker Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Belmont Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Ankle Chip Will Sideline International Star
- Mr. Z Camp Still Undecided on Preakness
- Average of 16 Million Viewed KY Derby on NBC
- Kentucky Derby Horse-By-Horse Recap
- Kentucky Derby Recap: American Idol
- TOBA's Annual Breeding Clinic Set for Mid-May
- Former NBA Chief to Speak at Conference
- Preakness Could Be Rematch for Derby Top 3
- Gulfstream Reports Solid Meet Numbers
- Kentucky Historical Racing Passes $1 Billion