Stalking Super Freaky surged to the lead leaving the eighth pole and dug in gamely under jockey Jon Court for her first graded stakes victory in the $112,600 Providencia Stakes (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-old fillies on the Santa Anita grass Saturday.
Warren B. Williamson's British invader Foxysox won her third straight since arriving in the United States with a nifty move along the rail for Alex Bisono, registering a one-length win in the $109,400 Providencia (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-old fillies Saturday at Santa Anita.
Foxysox, undefeated in two starts at Santa Anita after a nondescript start to her career in England last year, makes her graded stakes debut Saturday in the $100,000 Providencia (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-old fillies going a mile on the turf.
Seeking Daylight, a grade II winner by Seeking the Gold, will shuttle from Maryland Stallion Station near Glyndon, Md., to stand at Haras La Providencia in Argentina.
Under steady handling from Alex Solis, Berbatim took control in the stretch and rolled to a 2 1/2-length victory in the $111,600 Providencia Stakes (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-old fillies on the Santa Anita turf Saturday.
An ideal distance and running style should make Ticker Tape a solid contender in Sunday's $100,000 Providencia Stakes for 3-year-old fillies at one mile on turf.
Major Idea, favored in five of her last six races, will likely be the public choice once again Sunday in the $150,000 Providencia Stakes for 3-year-old fillies at 1 1/8 miles on turf.
Most Popular Stories
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Arrogate Logs Final Pegasus Work
- Finest City Dazzles in Santa Monica
- Page McKenney Does it Again at Laurel Park
- First Foal Arrives for Gainesway's Karakontie
- Farrell Opens Season With Silverbulletday Victory
- Turfway Barn Under Quarantine for EHV-1 Wild Strain
- Classic Empire On Track for Holy Bull
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season
- Pegasus Workers Drill Across Florida