Stalking Super Freaky surged to the lead leaving the eighth pole and dug in gamely under jockey Jon Court for her first graded stakes victory in the $112,600 Providencia Stakes (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-old fillies on the Santa Anita grass Saturday.
Warren B. Williamson's British invader Foxysox won her third straight since arriving in the United States with a nifty move along the rail for Alex Bisono, registering a one-length win in the $109,400 Providencia (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-old fillies Saturday at Santa Anita.
Foxysox, undefeated in two starts at Santa Anita after a nondescript start to her career in England last year, makes her graded stakes debut Saturday in the $100,000 Providencia (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-old fillies going a mile on the turf.
Seeking Daylight, a grade II winner by Seeking the Gold, will shuttle from Maryland Stallion Station near Glyndon, Md., to stand at Haras La Providencia in Argentina.
Under steady handling from Alex Solis, Berbatim took control in the stretch and rolled to a 2 1/2-length victory in the $111,600 Providencia Stakes (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-old fillies on the Santa Anita turf Saturday.
An ideal distance and running style should make Ticker Tape a solid contender in Sunday's $100,000 Providencia Stakes for 3-year-old fillies at one mile on turf.
Major Idea, favored in five of her last six races, will likely be the public choice once again Sunday in the $150,000 Providencia Stakes for 3-year-old fillies at 1 1/8 miles on turf.
Most Popular Stories
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- As Borell Released, Cruelty Laws Questioned
- Top Caribbean Race to Be Held at Gulfstream
- Wake Forest Heads United Nations
- The Paralyzed Jockey Who's Still in the Race
- Tuttipaesi Chases Graded Repeat
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- NM Will Suspend Horses Who Fail Drug Tests