Phillips Racing Partnerships' two Breeders' Cup pre-entries, Recepta and Time and Motion, both were also-eligibles but drew into the Mile and Juvenile Fillies Turf, respectively.
MAHUBAH'S CORNER, by Avalyn Hunter
The new synthetic surfaces at Hollywood Park and Santa Anita Park have created some remarkable transformations in racing form in some horses. One is Dearest Trickski, a $10,000 claimer only eight months ago who set a track record at Hollywood Park in November and then won a grade I stakes at Santa Anita. While the Cushion Track seems to be a contributing factor, it doesn't hurt that Dearest Trickski is inbred to both Nearctic, through three successful sons, and Hyperion, through his two most successful sons.
Proud Truth, who won the 1985 Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) at Aqueduct for Darby Dan Farm owner John W. Galbreath, has died.
John Veitch and Calumet Farm have once again parted company. The trainer confirmed Feb. 7 that he has sent 14 newly-turned three-year-olds back to the farm from his New York base.
Most Popular Stories
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Runhappy in Final Drill for Return
- 'Chrome' Logs Final Work for Awesome Again
- Accelerate Finds Just Enough in Los Al Derby
- Miyadi Arrested After Altercation With Solis
- Lexie Lou Officially Retired
- Senor Guitar First Winner for Star Guitar
- Deeply Undervalued Wins Commonwealth Derby
- Brave Anna Upsets Cheveley Park Stakes