A new partnership called Darby Dan Farm Racing resurrected the famous Darby Dan silks for a colt named Manitoulin, a son of Soaring Softly, who finished fifth in his maiden special weight debut Nov. 22.
- By Steve Haskin
Steve recalls Boo Gentry, Graustark, and Darby Dan in the late '60s and early '70s. read blog
Loyd Gentry, who trained such stars as Graustark, Kauai King, and Proud Clarion, died July 1 in Lexington of heart failure.
Jackie Thompson, who shod five Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winners, died Sept. 4 in Lexington after a lengthy illness.
Most Popular Stories
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- Destin Work is 'Stamina Builder' for Belmont
- Kentucky Suspends Umarov for 10 Years
- Velasquez to Ride Full-Time at Gulfstream
- Rockingham to End All Operations Aug. 31
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Little Nappy is Shackleford's First Winner
- Taris Could Opt for Triple Bend Over Vanity
- Candy Ride Colt Tops Barretts Sale