A new partnership called Darby Dan Farm Racing resurrected the famous Darby Dan silks for a colt named Manitoulin, a son of Soaring Softly, who finished fifth in his maiden special weight debut Nov. 22.
- By Steve Haskin
Steve recalls Boo Gentry, Graustark, and Darby Dan in the late '60s and early '70s. read blog
Loyd Gentry, who trained such stars as Graustark, Kauai King, and Proud Clarion, died July 1 in Lexington of heart failure.
Jackie Thompson, who shod five Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winners, died Sept. 4 in Lexington after a lengthy illness.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Rest at WinStar
- Live Racing at Meadowlands Cancelled Again
- Hill Specialist Ambitious Brew Takes Eddie D.
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Postponed Clear Favorite in Arc de Triomphe
- New Santa Anita Turf Course Passes First Test
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- Charlton’s Abbotts Retiring on Own Terms
- Tepin Works Half-Mile at Saratoga
- Suffolk Downs Applies for Six 2017 Race Dates