A new partnership called Darby Dan Farm Racing resurrected the famous Darby Dan silks for a colt named Manitoulin, a son of Soaring Softly, who finished fifth in his maiden special weight debut Nov. 22.
- By Steve Haskin
Steve recalls Boo Gentry, Graustark, and Darby Dan in the late '60s and early '70s. read blog
Loyd Gentry, who trained such stars as Graustark, Kauai King, and Proud Clarion, died July 1 in Lexington of heart failure.
Jackie Thompson, who shod five Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winners, died Sept. 4 in Lexington after a lengthy illness.
Most Popular Stories
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'
- Firenze Fire Upsets Sanford Stakes
- Twisted Tom Muscles His Way to New York Derby Score
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing, Tapwrit Work at Spa
- Hunt Overcomes Trouble to Win Eddie Read
- As Arrogate's Stature Builds, So Do Expectations
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Dream It Is The Real Deal in Schuylerville
- Classic Empire to Resume Galloping
- John Henry, Phil Marino, and Early Cajun Days