A new partnership called Darby Dan Farm Racing resurrected the famous Darby Dan silks for a colt named Manitoulin, a son of Soaring Softly, who finished fifth in his maiden special weight debut Nov. 22.
- By Steve Haskin
Steve recalls Boo Gentry, Graustark, and Darby Dan in the late '60s and early '70s. read blog
Loyd Gentry, who trained such stars as Graustark, Kauai King, and Proud Clarion, died July 1 in Lexington of heart failure.
Jackie Thompson, who shod five Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winners, died Sept. 4 in Lexington after a lengthy illness.
Most Popular Stories
- Ben's Cat Victorious in Return at Laurel
- Nyquist Gets First Look at Churchill Downs
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Minding Leads Sweep in One Thousand Guineas
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning
- Nyquist Ships to Churchill Day After Work
- Uncle Lino Game in California Chrome Stakes
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Toews On Ice Glides to William Walker Win
- Maurice, Chautauqua Victorious in Hong Kong