A new partnership called Darby Dan Farm Racing resurrected the famous Darby Dan silks for a colt named Manitoulin, a son of Soaring Softly, who finished fifth in his maiden special weight debut Nov. 22.
- By Steve Haskin
Steve recalls Boo Gentry, Graustark, and Darby Dan in the late '60s and early '70s. read blog
Loyd Gentry, who trained such stars as Graustark, Kauai King, and Proud Clarion, died July 1 in Lexington of heart failure.
Jackie Thompson, who shod five Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winners, died Sept. 4 in Lexington after a lengthy illness.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Smooth in Six Furlong Work
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Trainer Baird Reaches Win 2,000
- Malibu Moon, Tapit Colts Could Shine at F-T
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Cinco Charlie to Spendthrift Farm
- Curlin Colt Sells for $350,000 at F-T October
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic
- Tapit Colt Late Withdrawal from F-T Sale
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill