Noble Moon and Protonico hold a class edge over their five rivals in the Nov. 1 Discovery Handicap (gr. III) at Aqueduct Racetrack. The 1 1/8-mile race for 3-year-olds is worth $200,000.
California Chrome, winner of the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands and Preakness Stakes (both gr. I), will break from the rail in the $1 million Pennsylvania Derby (gr. II) Sept. 20 at Parx Racing.
Frank Angst and Evan Hammonds handicap the talented field of the Pennsylvania Derby. California Chrome, Candy Boy, Protonico, Bayern, Tapiture and more. Who do you think is the best horse in the field? watch video
Todd Pletcher recorded his 1,000th career stakes winner when Protonico surged late under Joe Bravo to take the $300,000 Smarty Jones Stakes (gr. III) at Parx Racing on the Labor Day Pennsylvania card Sept. 1.
Ten 3-year-olds, some of which may have their sights on the $1 million Pennsylvania Derby (gr. II) in three weeks, will battle in the $300,000 Smarty Jones Stakes (gr. III) Sept. 1 at Parx Racing.
Magalen O. Bryant's V. E. Day strung three victories in a row and collected his first stakes score July 25 in the $100,000 Curlin Stakes at Saratoga Race Course, giving jockey Jose Lezcano his 2,000th career win.
Undefeated Jose Sea View, the only stakes winner in the field of the Nov. 3 Nashua Stakes (gr. II) at Aqueduct Racetrack, will attempt to keep his record perfect when he races on dirt for the first time in the one-mile event.
Most Popular Stories
- Weanling Daughter of Champion Zenyatta Dies
- Bob Neumeier Hospitalized After a Stroke
- Quiet Morning for Breeders' Cup Day 1
- The Outcrossing Advantage
- Longform: Long Live the Queen
- Brown Brings Talent Times Two Into F&M Turf
- TOBA October Member of the Month
- Drug Tests Help Protect Integrity of California Horse Racing
- For Joe Rocco Jr., It's All About the Horse