The Oklahoma Thoroughbred Association's champions for 2008 were named Aug. 15 at Remington Park. Kip Deville was voted Horse of the Year.
Prospector's Music, who sired grade I winner Gygistar and ranks fourth on this year's Oklahoma stallion list, died Dec. 10 from a ruptured cecum.
Returning to a track he's had plenty of success on, Gygistar snapped a six-race losing streak Wednesday in the $109,500 Westchester Handicap (gr. III) on opening day of the 2004 Belmont Park spring meeting.
Owner/breeder Edward Evans, trainer Mark Hennig, and jockey John Velazquez nearly sweep Saratoga's other grade I races.
Most Popular Stories
- Pressure Off Sherman After 'Chrome's Dazzler
- After the Wire: Santa Anita Handicap
- Judy the Beauty Splendid in Las Flores Score
- Expectations High for OBS 2-Year-Old Sale
- Darley Sire Lonhro Enters Australian Hall
- Game On Dude Captures Record Third Big 'Cap
- Ramseys' Major Marvel Takes Barbados Gold Cup
- Golden Gate Fields Adds Alcatraz Stakes
- Honor Code Gets Tightener for Seasonal Debut
- Santa Anita Handicap Handle Increases 23%