The Oklahoma Thoroughbred Association's champions for 2008 were named Aug. 15 at Remington Park. Kip Deville was voted Horse of the Year.
Prospector's Music, who sired grade I winner Gygistar and ranks fourth on this year's Oklahoma stallion list, died Dec. 10 from a ruptured cecum.
Returning to a track he's had plenty of success on, Gygistar snapped a six-race losing streak Wednesday in the $109,500 Westchester Handicap (gr. III) on opening day of the 2004 Belmont Park spring meeting.
Owner/breeder Edward Evans, trainer Mark Hennig, and jockey John Velazquez nearly sweep Saratoga's other grade I races.
Most Popular Stories
- Durkin to Receive Eclipse Award of Merit
- RCI Appoints Five to New Medication Board
- RMTC Plans Changes but No Merger with RCI
- Date Announced for Second CBA Symposium
- Heleringer Resigns as KEEP Executive Director
- That Handicapping Show: Los Alamitos Futurity
- EquiLottery, AmTote in Strategic Relationship
- Trainer Wells Pleads Guilty to Rigging Races
- Baffert Seeks 7th Futurity Win with Dortmund
- Red Pollard Seabiscuit Saddle to be Auctioned