Mineshaft, the nation's 2003 Horse of the Year and champion older male, and his dam, Prospectors Delite, headlined the award winners honored April 15 at Keeneland by the Kentucky Thoroughbred Association/Kentucky Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders.
It seemed a foregone conclusion once William S. Farish and partners' homebred Mineshaft started gobbling up graded stakes after graded stakes last year.
Prospectors Delite, who won two grade I stakes and produced two-time grade I winner Tomisue's Delight, was euthanized June 21 because of laminitis complications at William S. Farish's Lane's End Farm near Versailles, Ky.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Litfin at Large: The Mother Goose
- Full Mast Could Cruise in King Edward Stakes
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Name Change for Historical Racing Company
- HRRN to Broadcast Queen's Plate Live
- PA House Resolution Supports Sports Betting
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom