Mineshaft, the nation's 2003 Horse of the Year and champion older male, and his dam, Prospectors Delite, headlined the award winners honored April 15 at Keeneland by the Kentucky Thoroughbred Association/Kentucky Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders.
It seemed a foregone conclusion once William S. Farish and partners' homebred Mineshaft started gobbling up graded stakes after graded stakes last year.
Prospectors Delite, who won two grade I stakes and produced two-time grade I winner Tomisue's Delight, was euthanized June 21 because of laminitis complications at William S. Farish's Lane's End Farm near Versailles, Ky.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Smooth in Six Furlong Work
- Mshawish Tops Taylor Made Roster, For Now
- Orb Colt Tops Fasig-Tipton Second Session
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Handy Work at Remington for Texas Chrome
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- Twilight Son to Cheveley Park in 2017
- Malibu Moon, Tapit Colts Could Shine at F-T