Mineshaft, the nation's 2003 Horse of the Year and champion older male, and his dam, Prospectors Delite, headlined the award winners honored April 15 at Keeneland by the Kentucky Thoroughbred Association/Kentucky Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders.
It seemed a foregone conclusion once William S. Farish and partners' homebred Mineshaft started gobbling up graded stakes after graded stakes last year.
Prospectors Delite, who won two grade I stakes and produced two-time grade I winner Tomisue's Delight, was euthanized June 21 because of laminitis complications at William S. Farish's Lane's End Farm near Versailles, Ky.
Most Popular Stories
- No Dice for Massachusetts Racing, Breeding
- Is PA Derby Best Spot for 'Chrome'?
- California Chrome Arrives at Parx Racing
- Suffolk Downs Loses Casino Bid on 3-1 Vote
- Is California Chrome Vulnerable in PA Derby?
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Injury Forces Sea The Moon's Retirement
- What's Going On Here: Solid at the Core
- 'Gold Hopes to Keep Churchill Record Intact
- Global Sprint Challenge: Winner = Racing?