Three-time stakes winner Ky's Quest was named New Mexico-bred champion 2-year-old male at the 2006 New Mexico Horse Breeders Association's annual awards banquet at the Marriott Hotel in Albuquerque, N.M. Jan. 31.
Prospector Jones, a prominent New Mexico stallion with 16 stakes winners, has died because of colic complications.
Ninety Nine Jack, who earned more than $173,000 in 2004, was named champion older horse among Thoroughbreds at the New Mexico Horse Breeders Association's recent annual awards banquet in Albuquerque. Championships were awarded for both Thoroughbred and Quarter Horse categories.
Most Popular Stories
- One Lucky Dane Off Derby Trail After Workout
- Cozmic One Approaches Long-Awaited Debut
- KY Oaks Contenders Birdatthewire, Puca Breeze
- Dortmund Records Bullet Work at Santa Anita
- La Verdad Repeats Score in Distaff 'Cap
- Firing Line Drills in Company at Santa Anita
- Pint-Sized Pasadena Girl Uncorks Champagne
- Dissident Retires in Style With All Aged Win
- Carpe Diem Works for Jet-Setting Pletcher
- International Star Heads Derby Works at CD