Three-time stakes winner Ky's Quest was named New Mexico-bred champion 2-year-old male at the 2006 New Mexico Horse Breeders Association's annual awards banquet at the Marriott Hotel in Albuquerque, N.M. Jan. 31.
Prospector Jones, a prominent New Mexico stallion with 16 stakes winners, has died because of colic complications.
Ninety Nine Jack, who earned more than $173,000 in 2004, was named champion older horse among Thoroughbreds at the New Mexico Horse Breeders Association's recent annual awards banquet in Albuquerque. Championships were awarded for both Thoroughbred and Quarter Horse categories.
Most Popular Stories
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards
- Flashback Likely Pick Among Malibu Probables
- Digging Deeper into Breeders' Cup Lasix Study
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Older Divisions
- Valenzuela Expects Healthy Santa Anita Meet
- Hangin' With Haskin: My Top 10 Racing Movies
- Native Diver Monument Moving to Del Mar
- Stretch Out No Problem for Unbeaten Samraat
- GII Winner Forty Tales Retires to Sequel NY
- Breeder Berglar Earns Breeders' Cup Award