Three-time stakes winner Ky's Quest was named New Mexico-bred champion 2-year-old male at the 2006 New Mexico Horse Breeders Association's annual awards banquet at the Marriott Hotel in Albuquerque, N.M. Jan. 31.
Prospector Jones, a prominent New Mexico stallion with 16 stakes winners, has died because of colic complications.
Ninety Nine Jack, who earned more than $173,000 in 2004, was named champion older horse among Thoroughbreds at the New Mexico Horse Breeders Association's recent annual awards banquet in Albuquerque. Championships were awarded for both Thoroughbred and Quarter Horse categories.
Most Popular Stories
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- Si Sage Speeds to Whittingham Victory
- Songbird Works at Santa Anita, Target Unknown
- Exaggerator Arrives at Belmont Park
- Lexie Lou Back to Winning Ways at Woodbine
- Makahiki Wins Japanese Derby
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- Surgical Strike Gets His Graded Stakes Win
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Royal Ascot Journey Confirmed for Tepin