Three-time stakes winner Ky's Quest was named New Mexico-bred champion 2-year-old male at the 2006 New Mexico Horse Breeders Association's annual awards banquet at the Marriott Hotel in Albuquerque, N.M. Jan. 31.
Prospector Jones, a prominent New Mexico stallion with 16 stakes winners, has died because of colic complications.
Ninety Nine Jack, who earned more than $173,000 in 2004, was named champion older horse among Thoroughbreds at the New Mexico Horse Breeders Association's recent annual awards banquet in Albuquerque. Championships were awarded for both Thoroughbred and Quarter Horse categories.
Most Popular Stories
- Retro Rebel: Smarty Jones Wowed in 2004
- Louisiana Bills to Reduce Dates, Slots Money
- Turfway to Boost Purses With KTDF Supplements
- Gulfstream Uses Graded Stakes Testing Fund
- Slideshow: The Week in Photos for 3/11/2014
- Downey: Derby Trail, Where They're Going Next
- Dixiana to Sponsor Two Keeneland Stakes
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- Horses to Watch at OBS March Sale
- Native Diver to Receive New Resting Place