Three-time stakes winner Ky's Quest was named New Mexico-bred champion 2-year-old male at the 2006 New Mexico Horse Breeders Association's annual awards banquet at the Marriott Hotel in Albuquerque, N.M. Jan. 31.
Prospector Jones, a prominent New Mexico stallion with 16 stakes winners, has died because of colic complications.
Ninety Nine Jack, who earned more than $173,000 in 2004, was named champion older horse among Thoroughbreds at the New Mexico Horse Breeders Association's recent annual awards banquet in Albuquerque. Championships were awarded for both Thoroughbred and Quarter Horse categories.
Most Popular Stories
- The Day After: No Regrets From Team 'Pharoah'
- Keen Ice Tired After Travers, 'Classic' Ahead
- Stellar Wind Dominant in Torrey Pines
- Keen Ice Springs Travers Upset on 'Pharoah'
- Valid Bounds Away to Iselin Victory
- Smokey the Pony Reining at Saratoga
- Navarro Mulling BC Dirt Mile for Private Zone
- Site Read Favored in With Anticipation
- NY Fan Forum: Improve Customer Service
- Tiz Love First Winner for Slew's Tiznow