The battle lines have been drawn. Now, Breeders' Cup and National Thoroughbred Racing Association officials are hoping the "race within a race" proves popular at the betting windows.
The Association of Racing Commissioners International has developed a model rule that could make a proposed Breeders' Cup future wager an annual event and expand early wagering on the Kentucky Derby (gr. I).
Most Popular Stories
- Keeneland to Handle VinMar Dispersal
- PA-Breds, Cathryn Sophia Head Parx Program
- BH 100: Rapping at Derby's Door
- Infographic: All Time Leading Earners 2016
- Arrogate Blazes to Travers Record
- Baffert Reflects on Arrogate's Travers Romp
- Aftercare: The Challenges of Tracking Horses
- Tepin Fires Bullet on Oklahoma Training Track
- Too Much Bling Yearlings Top Texas Sale
- Cavorting to Distaff, Mohaymen Gets Time Off