Edmund Gann's You figures to be tough in the Test Stakes (gr. I) for 3-year-old fillies going seven furlongs. In the Diana Handicap (gr. IIT) for fillies and mares at 1 1/8 miles on the turf, trainer Bobby Frankel will saddle Beefeater Baby and Tates Creek.
Carson Hollow, a 3-year-old daughter of Carson City trained by Richard Dutrow, remained undefeated in four career starts when she ran away with the Prioress Stakes (gr. I) at Belmont Park on Saturday.
- By Steve Haskin
Saturday at Belmont stacks up well with two grade I races in New York.
Friday's 1-mile Acorn (gr. I), the first leg of the Triple Tiara at Belmont Park, boasts a showdown between star 3-year-old fillies Bella Bellucci and You.
A small but select group of six fillies are entered for Friday's Acorn at Belmont Park. All but one have won a graded stakes event.
Stoneway Farm's Proper Gamble closes out Keeneland meeting with nose victory in the Stonerside Beaumont Stakes.
Proper Gamble survived a late challenge by Respectful to take the $250,000 Stonerside Beaumont Stakes (gr. II) by the slimmest of noses.
Proper Gamble rallied to beat Short Note by 2 3/4 lengths in Saturday's 10th running of the $108,600 Cicada Stakes (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies at Aqueduct. Forest Heiress, the favorite, was a head back in third place in the six-horse field.
Forest Heiress may very well be the horse to beat in Saturday's Cicada Stakes (gr. III) at Aqueduct for 3-year-old fillies going seven furlongs, but she could face a tough challenge from highweight Proper Gamble.
Nice Boots Baby will make her first start for new owner Bill Farish in Saturday's $75,000 Dearly Precious Stakes, going six furlongs at Aqueduct.
Nice Boots Baby remained undefeated in three career starts, winning Sunday's $76,945 Ruthless Stakes at Aqueduct by 2 1/2 lengths.
Most Popular Stories
- Sano's Faith in Gunnevera Unwavering for Florida Derby
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue
- Trainer, Racing Official Daniel Dufford Dies at 66
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Impressive Work
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Finger Lakes Gains State-Bred Incentive for Maidens
- McCraken, Gunnevera Top Kentucky Derby Future Wager
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 28, 2017
- What's Going On Here: Beyond Imagination