Solitaire, the 5-2 morning line favorite for the $500,000 Breeders' Stakes at Woodbine Aug. 3, tries to become the first maiden winner of the 118-year-old event since Fair Montague in 1915.
Harlem Rocker seized the lead at the top of the stretch and outfought the surprising East End Tap to win the $500,000 Prince of Wales Stakes, the second leg of Canada's Triple Crown series, for owner Frank Stronach and trainer Todd Pletcher.
Most Popular Stories
- Belmont Winner Palace Malice Retired
- NBC Schedules Two-Hour Travers Broadcast
- American Pharoah Takes Easy Gallop at Spa
- Bradester, Valid Meet Again at Monmouth
- Oaklawn: Record $27 Million in Purses in 2016
- TTA to Conduct 2-Year-Old Sale in April
- Travers Stakes: High Anxiety
- Suffolk to Subsidize Shipping for Fall Dates
- That Handicapping Show: The Travers Stakes
- Violette Undecided on Travers for Upstart