Word is circulating in Kentucky that cobra venom, a substance used to kill pain, was found by investigators during a June 26 search of trainer Patrick Biancone's barn at Keeneland.
The board of directors of the Association of Racing Commissioners International will consider adoption of a policy that would make treatments such as hypoxic therapy prohibited practices until their impact on horses is scientifically demonstrated.
The National Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association is prepared to release a revised proposal for a national policy on drug testing and therapeutic medication. The document deals with Class 1, 2, 3, and 4 medications, as well as prohibited practices.
Most Popular Stories
- Ward Fillies Work at Arlington for Royal Meet
- Sheikh Hamdan: U.S. TC Too Much Pressure
- Ol' Fashion Gal Fends Off Late Run in Selene
- American Pharoah Continues Churchill Training
- Ashleyluvssugar No Fluke in Whittingham
- Mubtaahij Breezes Easy at Belmont Park
- Stewart Pleased with Tale of Verve at Belmont
- Solow, Queen's Jewel Win at Longchamp
- Main Sequence to Defend United Nations Title
- Mikki Queen Rules in Japanese Oaks