The New York Racing Association has issued a policy whereby horses that receive shock-wave therapy cannot race for at least 10 days after treatment. Earlier, the California Horse Racing Board ordered restrictions on shock-wave therapy effective July 24.
The Pennsylvania State Horse Racing Commission has issued an advisory that erythropoietin, or EPO, and other blood-doping substances and procedures are not permitted in the state.
The Kentucky Racing Commission said June 25 it would consider at its next meeting in September a motion to make the possession or use of erythropoietin, known as EPO, a prohibited practice.
Most Popular Stories
- LoPresti Unfazed by Slow Move from Wise Dan
- Ami's Holiday Leads Prince of Wales Lineup
- Little Alexis Set for Test After Bullet Move
- V.E. Day Gives Lezcano Win 2,000 in Curlin
- Dance With Fate Euthanized After Accident
- Keeneland Dirt Installation July 21, 2014
- Saratoga to Hold 'Low Roller' Tourney Monday
- Untapable Favored in Haskell Against Boys
- Paul Messara New Manager at Arrowfield Stud
- Daddy Does Best