The New York Racing Association has issued a policy whereby horses that receive shock-wave therapy cannot race for at least 10 days after treatment. Earlier, the California Horse Racing Board ordered restrictions on shock-wave therapy effective July 24.
The Pennsylvania State Horse Racing Commission has issued an advisory that erythropoietin, or EPO, and other blood-doping substances and procedures are not permitted in the state.
The Kentucky Racing Commission said June 25 it would consider at its next meeting in September a motion to make the possession or use of erythropoietin, known as EPO, a prohibited practice.
Most Popular Stories
- Chrome Facing Retirement With Poor BC Effort
- Midnight Lucky Out of F&M Sprint, Retired
- Ward Sends Talented Duo to Juvenile Turf
- Dayatthespa Silenced All Doubters
- WinStar Buys Half Interest in Daredevil
- The Big Apple's Big Vote
- NJ Sports Betting Put on Hold by Court Order
- Fair Grounds Ordered to Restore Purse Funds
- Moreno in Sharp Breeders' Cup Classic Drill
- Lab: Delays Followed Suspicious Samples Spike