A three-year study of the short-term and long-tem health consequences for professional jockeys is underway in Great Britain.
Sixteen former jockeys will return to the saddle, including Hall of Fame rider Julie Krone, in the Clipper Logistics Legends Classified Stakes at Doncaster on opening day of the Ladbrokes St. Leger Festival Sept. 12.
British horse racing's richest day Oct. 15 could be overshadowed by a growing feud over new whip rules that has led one jockey to quit before the big day at Ascot.
Most Popular Stories
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Dortmund Could Return in Triple Bend
- Irish War Cry Ticks All the Boxes in Five-Furlong Work
- Yorkiepoo Princess Scores Again at Aqueduct
- Winx Soars to Fifteenth Straight Win
- Farrell Vaults to Top of Kentucky Oaks Leaderboard
- Honorable Duty Holds Strong in Mineshaft Handicap
- Unified Edges Mind Your Biscuits in GP Sprint
- Veteran Kentucky-Based Hot Walker Roche Dies at 91
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death