Two New Jersey congressmen have introduced bills in the U.S. House of Representatives that would amend the federal ban on betting on professional and amateur sports and allow sports betting in New Jersey and other states.
Sports betting at Monmouth Park will have to await another day in court following a decision Nov. 21 by the United States District Court granting an injunction stopping the Oceanport racetrack from taking such wagers.
A revived bill to allow sports betting at California horse racing enclosures and other gambling establishments cleared its first committee test during the week of April 22.
All bets are off this year on California legislation that would have allowed racetracks and simulcast locations to take wagers on professional and collegiate sporting events.
A bill that would allow California racetracks and simulcast wagering facilities to conduct betting on professional and collegiate sporting events has been introduced in the state legislature.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Passes
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- Winx Easily Wins Second Straight Cox Plate
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome
- WinStar Farm Sets 2017 Stud Fees
- Tourist, Celestine Work at Keeneland
- Champion Tepin Works at Churchill Downs
- Nobiz Like Shobiz Settling in at Old Friends
- Not This Time Works at Churchill Downs
- Frosted Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic