Two New Jersey congressmen have introduced bills in the U.S. House of Representatives that would amend the federal ban on betting on professional and amateur sports and allow sports betting in New Jersey and other states.
Sports betting at Monmouth Park will have to await another day in court following a decision Nov. 21 by the United States District Court granting an injunction stopping the Oceanport racetrack from taking such wagers.
A revived bill to allow sports betting at California horse racing enclosures and other gambling establishments cleared its first committee test during the week of April 22.
All bets are off this year on California legislation that would have allowed racetracks and simulcast locations to take wagers on professional and collegiate sporting events.
A bill that would allow California racetracks and simulcast wagering facilities to conduct betting on professional and collegiate sporting events has been introduced in the state legislature.
Most Popular Stories
- Remains of Glacial Princess to be Moved to Old Friends
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- End of Fair Grounds Quarantine Appears to be on Horizon
- Texas Chrome Named Texas Horse of the Year
- First Foal by Fast Anna Born in New York
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Spendthrift Juvenile Stallion Stakes to Add Filly Race
- Cathryn Sophia Voted Top Midlantic-Bred for 2016
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Mexikoma to Stand at Keen Farms