Valyra, part of a three-horse entry owned by the Aga Khan, got up in the final strides to capture the Prix de Diane-Longines (French Oaks, Fr-I) by three-quarters of a length at Chantilly June 17.
The French fillies classic kicks off the country's summer racing season in grand style.
Golden Lilac withstood the late charge of Galikova to capture the Prix de Diane-Longines (Fr-I) at Chantilly June 12.
Sarafina followed up her win in the Montjeu Coolmore Prix Saint-Alary (Fr-I) last month with a scintillating performance to take the Prix de Diane (Fr-I) by 1 1/2-lengths at Chantilly June 13.
After her four-length rout in Chantilly's Prix de Diane (Fr-I) June 14, many are wondering if undefeated Stacelita could be this year's Zarkava.
With a tremendous charge over the final quarter of a mile, the Aga Khan's undefeated Zarkava registered a three-length win in the Prix de Diane (Fr-I) at Chantilly June 9.
Less than 24 hours after Juddmonte Farm's homebred Empire Maker won the Belmont Stakes (gr. I), owner Khalid Abdullah scored another classic double when homebred Nebraska Tornado won the Prix de Diane (Fr-I, French Oaks).
Most Popular Stories
- Two IL Tracks File for Bankruptcy Protection
- British Racing Undertakes Education Program
- Undefeated Dortmund Wasn't Always So Popular
- Lukas Pointing 'Brandi' to Kentucky Oaks
- Baffert Quartet Faces Shared Belief in Malibu
- Golden Gate Winter/Spring Meet Starts Dec. 26
- Secret Circle Aims for Season-Ending Win
- Millionaire Kiri's Clown Euthanized at Age 25
- Intriguing Maidens in MD Juvenile Futurity
- Baltas, Pedroza Square Off at Los Alamitos