Unbeaten favorite for the 1988 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) and sire of 23 stakes winners was euthanized due to the infirmities of old age at Claiborne Farm.
A colt by Double Honor consigned by agent M & H Training & Sales sped an eighth in :10 flat to post the fastest time at the distance at the first session of the Under Tack Show for the Ocala Breeders' Sales Company's 2007 Spring Sale of Two-Year-Olds in Training.
Trainer Richard Small has an emerging star in Etude, who galloped away to a 5 3/4-length victory in the $72,000 Private Terms Stakes for 3-year-olds at Laurel Park Saturday.
Private Terms, sire of millionaires Afternoon Deelites and Soul of the Matter, has been pensioned from stallion duty at the Hancock family's Claiborne Farm near Paris, Ky.
Twin Oaks Stable's Our Peak, a 73-1 longshot with leading rider Rosie Napravnik working the reins, nipped Ah Day by a neck to win the $85,000 Private Terms for 3-year-olds Saturday at Laurel Park.
Puglisi Stable's Private Lap notched an easy gate-to-wire victory in the $100,000 Sussex Handicap at Delaware Park Saturday.
Water Cannon put visions of the Preakness squarely in the minds of those who watched the Maryland-bred gelding trounce a field of six 3-year-olds in this afternoon's $60,000 Private Terms Stakes at Laurel Park.
Adam Russo's P Day, arguably the most popular horse currently racing in Maryland, romped to victory over six rivals in the $125,000 Baltimore Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. III).
Maryland trainer Charles H. Hadry, who conditioned grade I winner Private Terms, died Feb. 24 of cancer at his Westminster, Md., home
Born on Preakness Day in 1995, P Day has an unusual bond with the Maryland racing community.
Most Popular Stories
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- Grade I Winner Mission Approved Retired
- Big Fields for Hollywood's Final Curtain Call
- Legacy Bloodstock Relaunched by Easthams
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- Bourbon Courage Faces Csaba, Neck 'n Neck
- Tranquility Farm Downsizing, Moving North
- Woodbine Has Per-Card Wagering Rise in 2013
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards