Coolmore's top sire of multiple classic winners and champions has experienced declining fertility for several years.
In what can only be described as a major industry surprise, Paul Makin, the colorful bookmaker who owns and races current group ! Cox Plate favorite Starcraft (Soviet Star -- Flying Foozie), has been revealed as the person who secretly paid $1.5 million (U.S.$1.1 million) for champion Australian racemare Private Steer (Danehill Dancer -- Lisheenowen).
The immediate future of Australia's best galloper, Private Steer, will be decided in the next 48 hours according to her syndicate manager, Avo Damirdjian.
Private Steer advanced toward the W.S. Cox Plate (Aust-I), her first appearance at five producing an effortless win in the $200,000 (Australian funds) Warwick Stakes at Warwick Farm Aug. 21.
Retired Australian great Lonhro collected more than 94% of the possible votes to be named the continent's Horse of the year Aug. 4.
Glen Boss continued a hot streak as Private Steer staged an astonishing last-to-first win in the $2.5 million (Australian funds) Doncaster Handicap (Aust-I) today at Randwick.
Private Steer's soft win in the $1 million (Australian funds) Stradbroke Handicap (Aust-I) on June 7 again underscored the long-term value of the recently deceased Danehill.
Most Popular Stories
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Cathryn Sophia to Pioneerof the Nile in 2017
- Jose Ortiz Rides Five Winners at Aqueduct
- Doctor J Dub Breakthrough Horse for Antonucci
- Arrogate Returns to Work Tab
- Equine Attorneys Group Elects Philpott
- Motion Hopes to Stay Hot in Matriarch
- Anchor Down Retired to Gainesway