Coolmore's top sire of multiple classic winners and champions has experienced declining fertility for several years.
In what can only be described as a major industry surprise, Paul Makin, the colorful bookmaker who owns and races current group ! Cox Plate favorite Starcraft (Soviet Star -- Flying Foozie), has been revealed as the person who secretly paid $1.5 million (U.S.$1.1 million) for champion Australian racemare Private Steer (Danehill Dancer -- Lisheenowen).
The immediate future of Australia's best galloper, Private Steer, will be decided in the next 48 hours according to her syndicate manager, Avo Damirdjian.
Private Steer advanced toward the W.S. Cox Plate (Aust-I), her first appearance at five producing an effortless win in the $200,000 (Australian funds) Warwick Stakes at Warwick Farm Aug. 21.
Retired Australian great Lonhro collected more than 94% of the possible votes to be named the continent's Horse of the year Aug. 4.
Glen Boss continued a hot streak as Private Steer staged an astonishing last-to-first win in the $2.5 million (Australian funds) Doncaster Handicap (Aust-I) today at Randwick.
Private Steer's soft win in the $1 million (Australian funds) Stradbroke Handicap (Aust-I) on June 7 again underscored the long-term value of the recently deceased Danehill.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Curlin Colt Tops Strong Keeneland Session
- Flashback Retired to Stand at Hill 'n' Dale
- Top 3-Year-Old Fillies to Battle in Cotillion
- Oversight Board Reviews NYRA Finances
- Fast Anna Get Class Relief in Gallant Bob
- Equine Encephalitis Reported in New York
- Three-Time Grade I Winner Behrens Dies
- Churchill, Yum! Brands Ink 5-Year Agreement
- Velazquez to Ride Euro Charline in QEII