A colt by Afleet Alex and a half brother to Haskell Invitational and Preakness (both gr.I) winner Lookin At Lucky sold for $750,000 at the Fasig-Tipton Saratoga yearling sale.
Preakness (gr. I) winner Lookin At Lucky put away Derby winner Super Saver at the top of the stretch and annihilated the field in the IZOD Haskell Invitational Aug. 1 at Monmouth Park.
Lookin At Lucky redeemed himself in the Preakness Stakes (gr. I), as he took the lead at the top of the stretch and stubbornly held off pacesetter First Dude and Jackson Bend under new rider Martin Garcia may 15 at Pimlico.
Favored Lookin at Lucky, trying blinkers and dirt for the first time in his 2010 debut, won the $300,000 Rebel Stakes (gr. II) at Oaklawn Park when his late bid produced a neck victory over the stubborn Noble's Promise.
Heavy favorite Lookin At Lucky wrapped up divisional honors as the nation's top 2-year-old after his convincing win in the $750,000 CashCall Futurity (gr. I) at Hollywood Park Dec. 19.
Undefeated Lookin At Lucky handled his first try at two turns successfully in the $300,000 Norfolk Stakes (gr. I) Oct. 4, allowing Bob Baffert to look forward to the Nov. 7 Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) at Santa Anita Park.
Even-money choice Lookin at Lucky remained unbeaten in three starts and gave trainer Bob Baffert his ninth win in the Del Mar Futurity (gr. I) in the past 14 years Sept. 7 at the seaside track.
Favored Lookin at Lucky, in the familiar Mike Pegram silks for trainer Bob Baffert, jumped into graded company with a three-quarters of a length win in the $150,000 Best Pal Stakes (gr. II) at Del Mar Aug. 9.
Most Popular Stories
- Terranovas Seek Derby Success With El Kabeir
- Sherman: Ascot Could Be Rough on 'Chrome'
- U.S. Alleges Conspiracy at Penn National
- Luck of the Kitten Starts '15 in Transylvania
- California Chrome Headed to Royal Ascot
- El Kabeir Fires Bullet Work at Belmont
- Keeneland Plans Wide Live Broadcast Coverage
- Is Mubtaahij a Major Derby Contender?
- ROAP Seeks Regulation of 'Program Trainers'
- Untapable Heads Asmussen Workers at Oaklawn