Temida took command with just over a furlong to run and drew off to an easy two-length victory in the Grosser Preis von Bayern (Ger-I) at Munich Racecourse Aug. 12.
Flaxman Holdings homebred Aruna took charge at the five-sixteenths pole and held off Hit It Rich to win the Sheepshead Bay, a race that was impacted by a troubled start for Mystical Star and Magical Cat.
No factor in her only start this year, Aruna looks to get back on the beam for trainer Graham Motion in the $200,000 Sheepshead Bay Stakes (gr. IIT), scheduled for the inner turf course at Belmont Park May 26.
Grade I winner Winter Memories started her 2012 season in fine form with a 2 1/4-length win in the $150,000 Beaugay Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Belmont Park, giving jockey Eddie Castro his 2,000th North American victory.
Midday took command two furlongs from the wire and easily held off Snow Fairy July 30 to win the $302,671 Markel Insurance Nassau Stakes (Eng-I) for the third consecutive time at Glorious Goodwood.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Juvenile Sales Scene Moves West to Barretts
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen
- Fields Set for Louisiana Derby, Fair Grounds Oaks
- I Thought I had Seen it All
- Second Summer Catches Sharp Azteca in Godolphin Mile
- Irish War Cry Works With Wood Memorial Bid Likely