During the Asian Racing Conference Jan. 25 at the National Sports Club of India in Mumbai, Princess Zahra Aga Khan provided some in-depth thoughts on Thoroughbred breeding, calling for more patience.
Darjina made amends for her third place finish at Royal Ascot by battling back to win the Prix d'Astarte (Fr-I) by a half-length at Deauville on Sunday.
Finsceal Beo, romping winner of the One Thousand Guineas (Eng-I) at Newmarket one week ago, came within a whisker of adding the French equivalent to her legend when she was defeated by a head by Darjina in the final strides Sunday at Longchamp.
Champion filly Finsceal Beo was narrowly denied a famous Classic double as Darjina came with a late rush to snatch the Poule d'Essai des Pouliches (Fr-I) by a head at Longchamp on Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Dettori Strikes With 'Gold' in 2000 Guineas
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Danzing Candy Logs Final Derby Breeze
- Abashiri Sweeps South African Triple Crown
- Cathryn Sophia Gets Early Morning Workout
- Romans' Derby Pair Breezes at Churchill
- Nyquist Wraps up Serious Derby Preparations
- Mohaymen Sitting on Go for Kentucky Derby
- Maiden Trojan Nation Seeks Derby Upset