During the Asian Racing Conference Jan. 25 at the National Sports Club of India in Mumbai, Princess Zahra Aga Khan provided some in-depth thoughts on Thoroughbred breeding, calling for more patience.
Darjina made amends for her third place finish at Royal Ascot by battling back to win the Prix d'Astarte (Fr-I) by a half-length at Deauville on Sunday.
Finsceal Beo, romping winner of the One Thousand Guineas (Eng-I) at Newmarket one week ago, came within a whisker of adding the French equivalent to her legend when she was defeated by a head by Darjina in the final strides Sunday at Longchamp.
Champion filly Finsceal Beo was narrowly denied a famous Classic double as Darjina came with a late rush to snatch the Poule d'Essai des Pouliches (Fr-I) by a head at Longchamp on Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- Two New Sires to California's Milky Way Farm
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- NY Proposes Sweeping Equine Drug, Record Rules
- Jockey Lane Luzzi Follows in Father's Footsteps
- First Foal a Filly for Grade 1 Winner Danza
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- Bahamian Squall's First Foal is a Colt