Darjina made amends for her third place finish at Royal Ascot by battling back to win the Prix d'Astarte (Fr-I) by a half-length at Deauville on Sunday.
Finsceal Beo, romping winner of the One Thousand Guineas (Eng-I) at Newmarket one week ago, came within a whisker of adding the French equivalent to her legend when she was defeated by a head by Darjina in the final strides Sunday at Longchamp.
Champion filly Finsceal Beo was narrowly denied a famous Classic double as Darjina came with a late rush to snatch the Poule d'Essai des Pouliches (Fr-I) by a head at Longchamp on Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Chrome Set for San Antonio, Bayern Doubtful
- Flashy Debut for Royal Delta Half Brother
- 74-Year-Old Horseplayer Wins 2015 NHC Title
- Desormeaux Sets Derby Path for Texas Red
- Sportive Overcomes Fog to Win Portland Mile
- Wildcat Red Sidelined with Back Muscle Pull
- Options Abound for Holy Bull Winner Upstart
- First Reported Foal for Gig Harbor is Colt
- Bob Neumeier Wins Celebrity Challenge at NHC
- Upstart Proves Class in Holy Bull