Red Smith, Discovery, Queen Elizabeth II Cup, Princess Elizabeth, Coronation Futurity, Commonwealth Turf
Chiefswood Stable's homebred Leading Edge, a daughter of Tapit out of a grade II winner, heads Woodbine's Princess Elizabeth Stakes Nov. 2. The $250,000 race is for Canadian-foaled fillies at 1 1/16 miles.
Sam-Son Farm's homebred Catch the Thrill swept past Quiet Action in early stretch, then went on to post an impressive tally in the featured (Canadian) $250,800 Princess Elizabeth Stakes for Canadian-foaled 2-year-old fillies Saturday at Woodbine.
A fine wine and a little parsley were some of the ingredients that made for a successful upset in Sunday's $250,000 Princess Elizabeth (Can-II) at Woodbine.
Most Popular Stories
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Highland Reel Among World Cup Day Turf Runners
- Classic Empire Back to Work in Ocala
- Tamarando Retired, Will Stand at Harris Farms
- Kitten's Cat Poised for Spiral Stakes
- Gun Runner Brings Consistent Class to World Cup Stage
- UAE Derby Features Japan's Kentucky Derby Qualifier
- Strong US contingent in Golden Shaheen
- Suffolk Downs Files Paperwork for Racetrack Sale