Queen's Triomphe at 64-1 and jockey Jose Espinoza pulled away from favored Message Red to win the $82,875 Montauk Handicap for fillies and mares by 2 1/4 lengths at Aqueduct on Sunday.
Randy J. Sarf's and Old Brookside Farm's Quiet Ruler caught soft turf when he won the Mohawk Handicap at better than 45-1 last year under jockey John Velazquez. Saturday afternoon, he again found the turf to his liking, picked up Velazquez in replacement of Wilson Dieguez and won the $150,000 Mohawk Handicap for New York breds at 1 1/8 mile on the soft inner turf course.
James F. Edwards' Princess Dixie controlled the pace with a gate to wire victory in Sunday's $114,300 Mount Vernon Handicap for New York-bred fillies and mares at Belmont Park.
Despite an erratic stretch run, Along Came Mary won the $82,550 Montauk Handicap by 2 1/2 lengths on a cold Sunday afternoon at Aqueduct.
Jose Santos made the first part of New York Showcase Day his personal showcase, winning his third straight stakes race Saturday afternoon at Belmont Park with Cynthia Knight's Dat You Miz Blue.
Most Popular Stories
- Goldencents vs. Wise Dan Showdown Likely
- OBS August Yearling Sale Ends With Declines
- Deep Spinaway Cast for Durkin's Final Call
- Back on Dirt at Keeneland; New Track Opens
- I Spent It, Competitve Edge Enter Hopeful
- Pleasantly Perfect to Taylor Made Stallions
- Cat's Claw Seeks Four in a Row in Glens Falls
- Torrey Pines: Jojo Warrior, Fashion Plate Vie
- Enterprising Chases Sweep in Del Mar Derby
- Bandbox Retired to Northview Stallion Station