Sarah's Secret, undefeated in four starts so far, leads a field of 10 sophomore fillies in the $150,000 San Clemente Handicap (gr. IIT) July 24 at Del Mar.
Queen's Plate winner Edenwold is the 5-2 morning line favorite entered for the $500,000 Prince of Wales Stakes, the second leg of the Canadian Triple Crown at Fort Erie Sunday.
Front-running Ablo fended off several challenges from a determined Autumn Snow to register a game neck victory in the $500,000 (Canadian) Prince of Wales Stakes Sunday at Fort Erie in the second leg of the Canadian Triple Crown.
Wild Desert, winner of the Queen's Plate on June 26, will be pointed for the Canadian Triple Crown, majority owner Dan Borislow said Wednesday.
There won't be a Canadian triple crown winner in 2004, but a good rivalry has emerged in its absence after A Bit O'Gold turned the tables on Queen's Plate winner Niigon by a head in the $500,000 Prince of Wales Stakes on sloppy going at Fort Erie Sunday.
A field of seven, including Queen's Plate champion Niigon, is set to compete Sunday afternoon in the Prince of Wales Stakes, second jewel of Canada's Triple Crown, at Fort Erie.
A field of seven, including Queen's Plate champion Niigon, is set to compete Sunday in the 2004 edition of the Prince of Wales Stakes, second jewel of Canada's Triple Crown of Thoroughbred racing at Fort Erie.
Fort Erie Race Track today released the 2004 Stakes Calendar pending regulatory approval. The stakes calendar features 24 events, highlighted by the $500,000 Prince of Wales Stakes.
To the surprise of no one, Gustav Schickedanz's Wando won the Prince of Wales Stakes (Can-I) by a comfortable four lengths Sunday at Fort Erie Race Track, picking up the second jewel of the Canadian Triple Crown.
Most Popular Stories
- Tapiture Takes On Rebel Invaders and Old Foes
- Social Inclusion Spoils Honor Code's Return
- Study Links Cell Damage to Corticosteroids
- Iotapa Heads Tough Lineup in Santa Margarita
- Azeri: Don't Tell Sophia Faces Close Hatches
- Sign Runs Last in Return from Lengthy Layoff
- New Standards May be Imposed on NY Stewards
- Hall of Fame Jockeys to Compete at Pimlico
- Taptowne Draws Rail in Well-Matched Razorback
- Parranda Seeks More Gulf Glory in Honey Fox