Coolmore and partners' Gallante took to the rain-drenched course at Longchamp July 13 and sprung a 62-1 surprise over favorite Prince Gibraltar and French Derby victor The Grey Gatsby in the Grand Prix de Paris (Fr-I).
Trainer Kevin Ryan will find out if record-setting Prix du Jockey Club (Fr-I, French Derby) victor The Grey Gatsby has the stamina to win the Juddmonte Grand Prix de Paris (Fr-I) July 13 at Longchamp.
Frank Gillespie's British-based The Grey Gatsby pounced from off the pace and drew off to win the Prix du Jockey Club (Fr-I, French Derby) in an upset June 1 at Chantilly.
Under a clever ride by Christophe Soumillon, Prince Gibraltar romped to a stylish victory in the Criterium de Saint-Cloud (Fr-I) Nov. 9, bringing the curtain down on the season's group I racing in Europe.
Most Popular Stories
- Palace Malice Hoping to Continue His Roll
- Study: EIPH Does Not Shorten Racing Careers
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Montana Jockey Seriously Injured in Spill
- 793 Cataloged for Tattersalls Ireland Sale
- Kingman, Toronado Set for Sussex Clash
- Equibase Announces Redesigned Website
- Shadwell Turf Mile to Offer $1 Million Purse
- Ashford's Shanghai Bobby to Shuttle to Brazil
- RCI to Consider Horses-in-Training Rules