Coolmore and partners' Gallante took to the rain-drenched course at Longchamp July 13 and sprung a 62-1 surprise over favorite Prince Gibraltar and French Derby victor The Grey Gatsby in the Grand Prix de Paris (Fr-I).
Trainer Kevin Ryan will find out if record-setting Prix du Jockey Club (Fr-I, French Derby) victor The Grey Gatsby has the stamina to win the Juddmonte Grand Prix de Paris (Fr-I) July 13 at Longchamp.
Frank Gillespie's British-based The Grey Gatsby pounced from off the pace and drew off to win the Prix du Jockey Club (Fr-I, French Derby) in an upset June 1 at Chantilly.
Under a clever ride by Christophe Soumillon, Prince Gibraltar romped to a stylish victory in the Criterium de Saint-Cloud (Fr-I) Nov. 9, bringing the curtain down on the season's group I racing in Europe.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Sprints to Game Malibu Triumph
- Sam's Sister Stuns Taris in Quick La Brea
- California Chrome is Vox Populi Award Winner
- Alert Bay Wins Mathis Brothers Mile Thriller
- Prado 'Day to Day' After Gulfstream Spill
- Nine-Month Suspension Recommended for Veitch
- Leave the Light On for Storm Cat
- Six Grade I Races Set for Belmont Stakes Day
- Salutos Amigos Adds Gravesend Stakes Victory
- New York Stallion Series On Tap at Aqueduct