After relaxing in last place for much of the race, Prince Gibraltar streaked to the lead inside the final furlong to win the Grosser Preis von Baden (Ger-I) Sept. 6 at Baden-Baden.
Coolmore and partners' Gallante took to the rain-drenched course at Longchamp July 13 and sprung a 62-1 surprise over favorite Prince Gibraltar and French Derby victor The Grey Gatsby in the Grand Prix de Paris (Fr-I).
Trainer Kevin Ryan will find out if record-setting Prix du Jockey Club (Fr-I, French Derby) victor The Grey Gatsby has the stamina to win the Juddmonte Grand Prix de Paris (Fr-I) July 13 at Longchamp.
Frank Gillespie's British-based The Grey Gatsby pounced from off the pace and drew off to win the Prix du Jockey Club (Fr-I, French Derby) in an upset June 1 at Chantilly.
Under a clever ride by Christophe Soumillon, Prince Gibraltar romped to a stylish victory in the Criterium de Saint-Cloud (Fr-I) Nov. 9, bringing the curtain down on the season's group I racing in Europe.
Most Popular Stories
- Catch a Glimpse in Good Order After Nassau Scare
- G. G. Ryder Wins All American in Blanket Finish
- Weekend Hideaway Repeats in Commentator
- Gun Runner Breezes for Stephen Foster
- Connections Plan Breeders' Cup Trip for Top Casablanca
- Fourstar Crook Continues Turf Win Streak
- Danzing Candy Wires Lone Star Handicap
- Rey de Oro wins Japanese Derby
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Ashleyluvssugar Wins Second Charles Whittingham