Cot Campbell kicks off his next series of stories from the world of Thoroughbred racing. Campbell recalls an attempt to woo the business of a Saudi prince with a homespun dinner that goes horribly wrong. read blog
Godolphin has purchased a majority share in Prince Faisal's gutsy Dubai Dewhurst Stakes (Eng-I) winner Belardo, who eventually is to join the Darley stallion roster.
Prince Faisal's Belardo gamely speared between rivals and drew off to a convincing win in the Oct. 17 Dubai Dewhurst Stakes (Eng-I), the most prestigious 2-year-old race in Great Britain.
Nayarra took command with just over a furlong to run and easily held off the late challenge of Rosa Eglanteria to win the $397,151 Premio Gran Criterium (It-I) at San Siro Oct. 9.
Trainer Pico Perdomo, best known for conditioning Gary Tanaka's Gourmet Girl to an Eclipse Award as champion older female in 2001, has returned to training locally after an eventful seven-year hiatus.
Prince Faisal bin Salman issued a statement April 30 that said he wants to clear the name of his late brother, Prince Ahmed bin Salman, who in a book was tied to al-Qaeda and said to have knowledge of the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks on the United States.
The Thoroughbred Corp. will disperse all of its racing stock at the Barretts March 2-year-olds in training sale on March 2. Among the 58 horses to be sold is multiple graded stakes winner Atlantic Ocean.
Richard Mulhall, racing manager for The Thoroughbred Corporation, has discounted a report in Thursday's New York Times stating that the Saudi royal family has considered donating Kentucky Derby and Preakness winner War Emblem to the families of the victims of last year's World Trade Center bombing.
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Runs Easy in Final Derby Drill
- Emerald Downs Seeks New Track Announcer
- Carpe Diem Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Baffert Weighing Bayern's Derby Week Options
- 'Company' No Issue for El Kabeir in Workout
- Criterion, Red Cadeaux Set for Rematch in HK
- Tencendur Beats the Rain in Morning Work
- International Star Stays Home for Final Work
- Kentucky Derby: Simon Callaghan & Firing Line
- Firing Line Stretches Legs in Derby Breeze