Nayarra took command with just over a furlong to run and easily held off the late challenge of Rosa Eglanteria to win the $397,151 Premio Gran Criterium (It-I) at San Siro Oct. 9.
Trainer Pico Perdomo, best known for conditioning Gary Tanaka's Gourmet Girl to an Eclipse Award as champion older female in 2001, has returned to training locally after an eventful seven-year hiatus.
Prince Faisal bin Salman issued a statement April 30 that said he wants to clear the name of his late brother, Prince Ahmed bin Salman, who in a book was tied to al-Qaeda and said to have knowledge of the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks on the United States.
The Thoroughbred Corp. will disperse all of its racing stock at the Barretts March 2-year-olds in training sale on March 2. Among the 58 horses to be sold is multiple graded stakes winner Atlantic Ocean.
Richard Mulhall, racing manager for The Thoroughbred Corporation, has discounted a report in Thursday's New York Times stating that the Saudi royal family has considered donating Kentucky Derby and Preakness winner War Emblem to the families of the victims of last year's World Trade Center bombing.
Most Popular Stories
- CHRB Gets Update as Moving Day Draws Closer
- Outstanding Field Set for CashCall Futurity
- Normandy Invasion, Itsmyluckyday Return
- Solid Field Drawn for Springboard Mile Stakes
- Marathon Valedictory Closes Out Woodbine Meet
- Barbaro Brother Lentenor to Stand in Indiana
- Northern California Race Dates Approved
- Preakness Purse Increased to $1.5M in 2014
- Slideshow: New Sires of 2014
- Longshot Proves First Winner for Tippity Tap