Arvada, a two-time winner for trainer Bobby Frankel on turf at Saratoga, is the 117-pound co-highweight for the $150,000 Long Island Handicap (gr. IIT), a race for fillies and mares at a mile and a half on the Aqueduct Park lawn Saturday.
Donald Adam's Film Maker, scratched from Monday's Ballston Spa Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIT) at Saratoga due to an outside post position and a course with plenty of give in it, didn't have to wait long for a second chance. Trainer H. Graham Motion brings the filly right back for Sunday's Glens Falls Handicap (gr. IIIT).
Pin Oak Stable's Alternate notched her second consecutive Robert G. Dick Memorial Breeders' Cup Handicap for fillies and mares on the grass at Delaware Park Saturday.
Five years after riding her last race in New York, Julie Krone – the most successful female jockey of all time – returns to the Big Apple on Saturday to pilot Team Valor Stables' Banyu Dewi in the $150,000 Long Island Handicap (gr. IIT) on the Aqueduct turf.
Sixty Seconds, who made her North American debut just last month, captured Monday's Glens Falls Handicap (gr. IIIT) by a head over Primetimevalentine at Saratoga. Alternate was just a neck back in third.
Jockey Heberto Castillo Jr. won Thursday afternoon's third race at Belmont Park with longshot Letthefreedomroar for the 2000th victory of his career.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Will Take Charge Retired
- Florida Won Steals Ontario Derby Show
- After the Wire: Game On Dude & Pa. Derby
- Keeneland Gross, Average Decline Slightly
- Bayern Cruises to Pennsylvania Derby Win
- Jockey Court Eyes Return to Race Riding
- Keeneland September Yearling Sale Wrap 2014
- Kaldera Up in Time in German St. Leger
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired