Jane Lyon and Karen Bailey of Summer Wind will sign their new book, Primerica, at Old Friends Saturday, Dec. 18.
As he was a full brother to three-time champion Skip Away, whom many consider as one of the greatest racehorses of all time, big things were expected from Skipingo when he was purchased as a yearling for $300,000 in 1998.
Harris Farms' homebred Lucky J.H. prevailed in a terrific stretch duel with the veteran sprinter Captain Squire to win the $100,000 Ack Ack Handicap (gr. III) at Hollywood Park Saturday, giving the 4-year-old colt his third straight win.
Lucky J.H., victorious over California-breds in his last start on April 30 in the 7 1/2-furlong Tiznow Stakes at Hollywood Park, will try the same distance against open company in the $100,000 Ack Ack Handicap (gr. III) on Saturday.
San Diego Handicap (gr. II) Taste of Paradise has certainly proved that patience is a virtue to trainer John Sadler.
Belmont Stakes (gr. I) runner-up Ten Most Wanted continued toward his scheduled start in the July 13 Swaps Stakes (gr. II) at Hollywood Park with a five-furlong work in :59 1/5 over the Inglewood, Calif., oval's fast main track on Thursday morning.
Most Popular Stories
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- Remains of Glacial Princess to be Moved to Old Friends
- First Foal by Fast Anna Born in New York
- End of Fair Grounds Quarantine Appears to be on Horizon
- Texas Chrome Named Texas Horse of the Year
- Spendthrift Juvenile Stallion Stakes to Add Filly Race
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Cathryn Sophia Voted Top Midlantic-Bred for 2016
- Mexikoma to Stand at Keen Farms
- OBS Championship Stakes Fields Set