Carter Sales Company reported record increases at the OKC Summer Thoroughbred Sale held at the Oklahoma City Fairgrounds Aug. 19.
Primary Suspect, winner of the 2005 Toboggan Handicap (gr. III), sired his first winner when his son, Ranger Hill, scored by 1 3/4 lengths at six furlongs at Louisiana Downs.
Graded stakes winner Primary Suspect has been retired from racing and will stand at Bill McDowell's McDowell Farm near Sparkman, Ark.
Not Phone, fresh off a track record performance earlier this month, is the horse to beat in Sunday's $100,000 Jaipur (gr. IIIT) at six furlongs on the Belmont Park Widener Turf Course.
The quick Bishop Court Hill should be the one to beat in Saturday's $100,000 Toboggan Handicap (gr. III) for sprinters at Aqueduct, but the outcome could be determined early.
When Gators N Bears enters the gate for Saturday's $200,000 Maryland Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. III) at Pimlico Race Course, he'll be doing more than defending his 2004 Maryland Breeders' Cup title. He'll be looking for his first win of the year against an evenly matched field of eight runners in the six-furlong race.
Jockey Pablo Fragoso, under instructions from trainer Mark Hennig to stay close to 4-5 favorite Shake You Down, guided Primary Suspect to victory in the 112th running of the $107,100 Toboggan Handicap (gr. III) at Aqueduct Saturday.
Shake You Down, who boasts six career stakes wins, hopes to add to his $1.3 million in earnings as he takes on five rivals in Saturday's Toboggan Handicap (gr. III) at Aqueduct.
The $100,000-added Fall Highweight Handicap, originally scheduled for Thanksgiving but postponed until Sunday because of poor track conditions, lost pre-race favorite Bwana Charlie when entries were taken Friday.
Most Popular Stories
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- California Sire Benchmark Dead at 26
- 'Hermaphrodite' Reported Before Race at Santa Anita
- Battle of Midway Cruises to Affirmed Victory
- Collected Dominant Again in Precisionist Stakes
- Brothers in Arms: Idaho Takes Hardwicke Stakes
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Mind Your Biscuits Emerges Well From Bullet Work
- Finley'sluckycharm Makes it Three in a Row in Chicago
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup