Lael Stables' Showing Up, left alone on the lead, proved his 1-2 odds were justified when he shook loose in the stretch for jockey Cornelio Velasquez to easily win the $400,000 Secretariat Stakes (gr. IT) for 3-year-olds on the Arlington Park turf Saturday.
Lael Stables' Showing Up, winner of the $1 million Colonial Turf Cup in his last start on June 24, has been installed as the 7-5 morning line favorite in Saturday's $400,000 Secretariat Stakes (gr. IT) at Arlington Park.
Rob Roy, a disappointment last year in the 3-year-old Classics, returned to action as a winner for Michael Stoute when favored in the Betfred.com Mile (Eng-II) at Sandown Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Madefromlucky Officially Out of KY Derby
- Derby 'Todd Squad' Breezes at Churchill
- Prince Bishop, African Story Retired
- Shared Belief Recovering at Golden Gate
- Kitten's Point Surges Late to Claim Bewitch
- Derby Notes: Three Scheduled to Work Saturday
- Derby Jockey Walker Influenced Breeders
- Ramseys Earn Record 15th Keeneland Title
- Federation Continues Push for Harmonization
- Bolo Records Final Breeze for Kentucky Derby