Lael Stables' Showing Up, left alone on the lead, proved his 1-2 odds were justified when he shook loose in the stretch for jockey Cornelio Velasquez to easily win the $400,000 Secretariat Stakes (gr. IT) for 3-year-olds on the Arlington Park turf Saturday.
Lael Stables' Showing Up, winner of the $1 million Colonial Turf Cup in his last start on June 24, has been installed as the 7-5 morning line favorite in Saturday's $400,000 Secretariat Stakes (gr. IT) at Arlington Park.
Rob Roy, a disappointment last year in the 3-year-old Classics, returned to action as a winner for Michael Stoute when favored in the Betfred.com Mile (Eng-II) at Sandown Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Unique Bella Goes Easy in Five-Furlong Work
- Pierce Trains Tampa String for Sam-Son, Pin Oak
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- CHRB Approves Medication-Based Conditions
- Finger Lakes Racing Dates Could Plummet Under Proposal
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Uncontested to Skip Rebel Stakes