Lael Stables' Showing Up, left alone on the lead, proved his 1-2 odds were justified when he shook loose in the stretch for jockey Cornelio Velasquez to easily win the $400,000 Secretariat Stakes (gr. IT) for 3-year-olds on the Arlington Park turf Saturday.
Lael Stables' Showing Up, winner of the $1 million Colonial Turf Cup in his last start on June 24, has been installed as the 7-5 morning line favorite in Saturday's $400,000 Secretariat Stakes (gr. IT) at Arlington Park.
Rob Roy, a disappointment last year in the 3-year-old Classics, returned to action as a winner for Michael Stoute when favored in the Betfred.com Mile (Eng-II) at Sandown Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Washington Owner/Breeder Paxton Dead at 76
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for Jan. 27, 2015
- New York Sanctions Mott for Drug Overages
- NYRA Unveils 10-Race Claiming Series
- Anti-Mullerian Hormone Helps Assess Aging Mares' Fertility
- Barretts Gross Up; Average, Median Decline
- OBS Expects Solid Start for Auction Season
- Five Tie for Fastest 3 Furlongs at OBS Show
- Untapable, Tapiture Drill for Asmussen