Outsider Sgt. Bert set a Keeneland course record for 5 1/2 furlongs on the turf Sunday while winning the $114,600 Woodford Stakes for the second year in a row.
Glencrest Farm's 5-year-old mare Honey Ryder won the $150,000 Orchid Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Gulfstream Park last year and defends her title in Saturday's renewal of the 12-furlong turf test.
The fast-improving Honey Rider slid off the rail in upper stretch to reach the front, then outfought the late charging Ellieonthemarch for a half-length victory in the $150,000 Orchid Handicap (gr. IIT) for fillies and mares on the Gulfstream Park turf Saturday.
An overflow field of 3-year-old fillies was entered for Saturday's $100,000 Valley View Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Keeneland, going 1 1/16-miles on the turf.
Most Popular Stories
- Sano's Faith in Gunnevera Unwavering for Florida Derby
- Dortmund Looks to Regain Form in Santana Mile
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Average Spikes at Barretts March Sale
- Look Back: Searching Finds Victory in 1956 Top Flight
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Impressive Work
- Trainer, Racing Official Daniel Dufford Dies at 66
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Tequilita Hopes to Go Distance in Gulfstream Oaks